2019 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Mar 19, 2019.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    You got some damn voodoo action going on these last couple of games. Nicely done. .

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  2. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
    Texas Tech is lights out defensively. Remember when Butler used to be like that? Good times.

3. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $327
    Owens looks like a far better player than when he was at St. John's.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  4. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $623
    I'm man crushing right now. I want to make a baby with Texas Tech's defense tonight. There was one possession where they quadrupled teamed the post and still recovered to the shooters. Just perfect.

estar20dawg and DawgPoundMac like this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,939
    My thoughts exactly. He has been awesome the last few games.

I’m not sure I even remember him at SJU. Was he any good?

Either he got a lot better, it’s a system fit thing, or Chris Mullin is a crap coach. How do you have Ponds outside and this guy inside and suck that bad?

6. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $544
    If Tech wins, the UVa-TT final might make Butler-UConn look like an offensive orgy.

jal8908, Tentozen, DawgsMD and 7 others like this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    He was an outstanding shot blocker and rim protector at SJU

8. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,472
    No one can play as bad as Butler played in that game. The only team that has come close was the UConn team that beat Butler.

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  9. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
    That game haunts me more than either of Hayward’s missed shots in the final seconds of the Duke loss. If Butler plays their average game they win that one by double digits. UConn had no business getting a championship out of that performance. Such a Golden opportunity wasted. At least in the Duke game I thought Butler played pretty well, they just got beat by a great performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BulldogsFTW and mwall787 like this.
  10. BulldogsAllTheWay

Money:
    $623
    I can watch the Duke game. I have a couple dozen times. I've never rewatched the Uconn game and I don't think I'll ever be able to.

DawgsMD likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,472
    I went to both national championships and that second one was embarrassing. Butler shot 18% and UConn shot 25%.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    NCAA issues statement that Breeding (ACC & Big East ref) got the Kyle Guy call right. They've said nothing about Kimble (Big 12 ref) missing the Jerome double dribble.

kmacker69 likes this.
  13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,939
    Who the **** were the idiots on this board who thought Aaron Henry wasn’t good enough for Butler?

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,319
    Damn, Texas Tech is impressive. Beard has something special going on down there. I am blown away with what he has been able to accomplish. Big ups.

DawgPoundMac, dippper61 and bumba like this.
  15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,370
    I'm an idiot but not one of those idiots.

shoeevv likes this.
  16. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Watching Virginia and Texas Tech tonight makes me want to see Butler get back to the program's roots: toughness and defense.

We've lost focus of that in recent seasons, and it's caught up with us.

Bernie44 likes this.
  17. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $544
    (March 12, 2017): “I watched all 3 regional games at Southport today. . . . Henry was alright, but I didn't really see anything that made me think, man I hope we get this guy. . . . I mean, he's not a bad player. But is he a Big East player? I didn't see it”

(May 8, 2017). “So the question is whether he is a Big East level guy.”

(May 8, 2017): “Some posters have been understandably hesitant to offer a precious spot to a guy that currently holds no high major offers just a few months before starting his senior year.”

(May 15, 2017): “I'll take this a tad further: is he a Big East 4? . . . That's not a slight to the player or talent level either, I just don't know if he's what we need to fill the gap.”

(June 30, 2017): “Not super pumped about the [Henry] offer, but think he'd be alright.”

Oh, PSU, was that rhetorical?

Actually, pretty much all of us (hand raised) have said things on this board that look less than prescient in hindsight. Makes me wonder who, of the players we're trying to recruit now, we on the board are wrong about.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
    pjohnsto2003 and bumba like this.
  18. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,367
    I believe I had one of the quotes above about not being impressed with him after seeing him at regionals. But to be fair, I walked it back two weeks later after watching him in the state championship.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,255
    I remember the state championship game. He was not close to being in the shape he's in now. He looks Paul George athletic. Very few of us would have called that....unless you have a strength & conditioning program like MSU.

Also keep in mind Kyle Young was committed for most of his recruitment. It's the same problem we have now: the roster didn't need another 3. We needed 4's. That's no slight to Henry. The kid is obviously good.

20. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,472
    We are also seeing Henry after a year of Izzo’s tough love.