2019 Peach Jam

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by CarmelDawg23, Jul 10, 2019.

1. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $968
    The 2019 Peach Jam starts up today, so I thought it would be good to create a thread to post all things Peach Jam, as several Butler targets are playing in the tournament, plus current commit Chuck Harris (Team Takeover)

JaKobe Coles, Scooby Johnson, Luke Goode, Caleb Furst, Trevor Keels, and Chuck Harris are all playing in the Peach Jam (sorry if I missed anyone). Eugene Brown is rostered but I don’t believe he’s playing due to injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,008
    I would love Scooby Johnson. He's listed as a PF on 247 but I'm not really sure where that comes from. He's basically a big shooting guard. Kind of a combo guard in this one really. He's brought the ball up the floor occasionally and has 6 assists to go with 18 points and 4 rebounds. 4-7 from 3. He's one of those guys that is versatile enough to be a great fit on any roster you stick him in.

Insane Dawg and willisbrown like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    Scooby is at the top of my list. As gettable gets goes he would be top notch for us.

The Adidas tourney in Bham is also one to watch, with Upward Stars playing in it.

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,008
    Chuck Harris is a wizard running ball screens. He should have a lot more assists than he does right now, his teammates aren't finishing. He's getting them to the line a decent amount though. He doesn't seem to be that strong of a finisher at the rim, but he can read the defense and deliver some very nice passes. When people use the term "Pure PG", Harris is the exact type they are talking about.

NCJon, Butlerfan96 and Insane Dawg like this.
  5. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $250
    Do you have a link to watch?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $968
    12 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists for JaKobe Coles in a win against Seattle Rotary, a team featuring one of the elite 2021 prospects in Paolo Banchero.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $69
  8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,008
  9. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Do we know which coaches are there and if there is one (or more) in Bham for Adidas?

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,467
    Do we pull many kids from Adidas teams? I’m sure shoe companies mean less in terms of recruiting 3&4 star players, than 5-star guys. But it still seems like more often than not kids sign with schools with the same shoe company that sponsors their AAU team.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I have no idea but Upwards Stars is playing in B'ham so with two offers on that squad I figured maybe we had someone there watching/visiting etc.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  12. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235

Looks like Lavall is starting live period watching Leal & Galloway.

willisbrown likes this.
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Leal and Galloway are not happening but I'm glad he's at the adidas event. Hopefully he can woo Tate some while there.

seadawg likes this.
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,209
    He may be watching D1 MN. The big white boy that caused some Fowler-based hubbub I think is on that team.

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,524
    I may be wrong, but I don't understand why Archie would want both of them. IU just signed 6'4 2019 Armaan Franklin from Cathedral who will more than likely be a 4 year player. Durham & Phinisee were both underclassman guard starters last year.

I think it's a one or the other kind of deal. Galloway is the backup plan if they miss on Leal (and they have to sign somebody because they missed on Ethan Morton to Purdue). On a side note, if Matt Cross commits to IU then both of them might be out of the picture.

seadawg likes this.
  16. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $440
    Galloway and Leal are pretty versatile, especially in modern college basketball. Both are 6'4/6'5 and solidly built. There is some overlap with what they have in Franklin, but both guards are worth a lot in college bball these days, especially ones who can play the 2/3/4 (in certain scenarios).

Cross is a small ball 4. If they are to land Galloway/Cross, it will get interesting to see what happens with Leal (form the sounds of it that is the commitment order)

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I didn't even think of that...barf in a bucket then drink it. We're so gonna offer that dude. My God in Heaven.

18. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $235
    Jacob Hutson (big white boy you are referencing) isn't on that team since he plays for Minnesota Fury but you may be right about watching D1. Dawson Garcia & Ben Carlson are on that team but both seem like long shots at this point. Not sure if Butler has been linked with him before but could see Butler targeting wing Kerwin Walton.

19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    Thank Jesus.

20. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,209
    I was referencing Hutson but got the MN squads mixed up. Good catch.