2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,217
    Didn't see where to put it, so figured I'd start this out:

Eric In Scottsdale‏ @EricNScottsdale
    Replying to @RobinWashut
    Sources tell me that Nebraska basketball player Jordy Tshimanga will transfer from Nebraska. Soirce says Florida, Gonzaga, UCLA, Tulsa, Butler, NC State, Duke, Murray State, North Dakota State, and Louisville have been in contact with Tshimanga about transferring to their program

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,154
    Very good rebounder and shot blocker. Dreadfully bad on the offensive end in his two years at Nebraska.

This is really weird.

Someone help me out - he'd sit out this year and have two years remaining? Aren't we out of scholarships for this year and next year? The thought would have to be that he would be non-scholarship for this season or that someone on the team would go off scholarship, as I highly doubt anyone is transferring between now and a month from now (I suppose it's possible there's some not-yet-public news out there...?)

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,980
    Not sure I'd trust this guy. Tshimanga is transferring, that's true, but his is the only tweet I can find listing schools. Most of his timeline is taken up by wrong "reports," almost seeming like they're satirical.

estar20dawg and Hinkle like this.
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  5. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
    It's an odd point in his career to transfer. He either has to sit out two whole seasons in order to have one remaining full season as a senior or he sits out 1.5 seasons and has one semester remaining as a senior.

He'd probably be better off going to a JUCO for a year.

6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    He has had a lot of injuries that has held him back.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Plus Wesson started last year as a freshman & is one of Boltmann's guys back from when BU recruited him.

butlerbreadman likes this.
  8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,980
    I love how they obviously respect Holtmann enough to spell his name right. ;)

wazthree likes this.
  9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
  10. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    He's transferring after one game at NC State. Former 4* recruit from the NC area...6'9 230 lb. PF. I thought maybe we watched him briefly but don't think he ever got serious consideration. I know he was committed to Creighton prior to the Kevin Keatts hiring at NC State...wonder if he'd look back there. Anyone intrigued/interested by this kid?

11. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $430
    Unless someone leaves, we don't have a spot available do we?

12. SchlabbaDawg

SchlabbaDawg Active Member

Money:
    $3,134
    Would not be a surprise at all to lose someone from our large sophomore class. The staff definitely has a better idea of their roster composition than us.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,217
    I'd think if we had a transfer and were looking to add a piece it'd be a grad transfer

14. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $1,007
    Not relevant to Butler acquiring a transfer, but Dylan Painter is transferring from Villanova...that's not something you see everyday at Nova.

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,023
    Kid made a big mistake when he picked them over PSU. I mean he won one or two titles, so maybe not, but if he wanted to play, he’d be a regular in our rotation.

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

One of Notre Dame's captains. Any interest as a grad transfer 4?

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $92
    Not really since they'll already have Nze, plus some possible combination of McDermott/Tucker/Golden likely backing him up.

18. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,337
    SpartanDawgs likes this.
  19. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $1,007
    Former 5* Quade Green is transferring from UK. Sophomore guard should have a long list of suitors, but being a Philly kid, I'd be stunned if Jay Wright isn't picking up the phone.

SnoopDawg and PSUButlerFan like this.
  20. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $145
    Butler has three guys on the sidelines this year (two potentially being red shirt candidates) and two guys in the fold. A combo guard would be the next position the team needs, or a true point guard to develop. I don’t think a grad transfer fits in this case unless you can guarantee starter minutes.