2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,251
    I agree a lot is based on hope.

The ideal (defensively) is Nze at the 5 who was a strong + defender in his last year playing. Let’s hope that translates.

Lastly, Hastings could be the athletic, defensive minded 4 we needed this past year. This is probably even more hope than Nze given he is a RS frosh.

I remember reading several comments to the effect that Hastings has been impressive in Butler practices—this gives me some hope that he can indeed play nice role minutes as a 4 defender next year. More to the point—can anyone repeat what they have heard regarding Hastings or was I misremembering?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    He’s got a long way to go in terms of game awareness but I do like his tool. I’m extremely disappointed he didn’t redshirt. I think he still needs to learn the game for another season before he is ready for major minutes. I have hope he can be a suitable backup next season.

HoosierDawg likes this.
  3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
  4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    Smits is Fowler 2.0, or at least he was in HS.

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    Probably so. I am just thinking available, easy to target bigs to plug a hole for a year. And then fight like hell for a couple on the recruiting trail. I'm no Smits fan, but am a fan of anything that would keep McDermott or Tucker from playing the 4 for major minutes.

HoosierDawg likes this.
  6. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,066
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,217
    well say...I know a university that's less than 5 miles away from that place...;)

8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Does he even have eligibility?

9. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $912
    We could probably get away with Nze playing big minutes at the 5 with Wagner at the 4

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,094
    bmradio99 and KCbufan21 like this.
  11. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $730
    I saw Smits play at Evansville this year. If the board had problems with Fowler, it would go crazy with Smits.

jkcdawgs and estar20dawg like this.
  12. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $430
    Is TJ Holyfield any relation to Michael Holyfield who Omar Lowery mentored at Sam Houston State?

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Yes. I used to have some really good contacts in the SFA program. Tj can hoop.

Brad Underwood was his first coach and I heard he was going to OSU with Brad but that never materialized. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him at Illinois.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  14. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $69
    Jared Grubbs and SnoopDawg like this.
  15. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    he is good:

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  16. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $16,066
    That looks like exactly what we need

17. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,043
    For those of you who are upset at the idea of Brunk leaving, were you also critical of Fowler this season? You can’t be both. You can’t hope that Brunk stays when he wasn’t able to beat out the player you were so critical of all season. Nze gives us hope, Brunk is rinse, repeat.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,094
    I'm not upset, gives us a chance at least to get something more out of that position. Golden has a higher ceiling, Nze could be better, and maybe you can nab a big in the transfer market. Someone that can go for 8 and 8 or 10 and 8ish. Nothing spectacular but a plus defender that gives a little scoring.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  19. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $290
    I obviously have no contacts nor did I know anything about a Brunk possibly transferring; however, watching him this year I am not surprised at all. After watching some of these midmajor tournaments I really think he can be a really important piece to a team on the verge. I just don’t think he has the speed for major D1 talent night in night out. Great kid, and if he does leave I wish him all the best. He’s been through a lot and deserves to be happy and have a great time playing this game.

2xDawg and Insane Dawg like this.
  20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474