2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
    bmradio99 and estar20dawg like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    What do you see that you like ? I only mean that because I respect your opinion and knowledge.

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,067
    I mean, I’m watching highlight videos and looking at stat sheets, so keep that in mind. I haven’t watched Bucknell play this year. But he’s a very good 3 point shooter at 38% on 3.5 attempts per game. He appears to be a good athlete, with a nice combination of strength and quickness. Seems to have some toughness about him (easy to say when I’m only seeing the good moments, I know). He can catch and score quickly at the rim that we really lacked this year. It looks like he does a really good job of burying his man in the post before he gets the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg likes this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,835
    Actually I see the same things but wanted to hear your comments. I see some of Golden in him. Quickness, size and motor are similar. When Golden misses a layup he quickly goes up to get the miss and puts it back.

5. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    Matt Howard is available. Why not bring him in as an assistant coach or back into the program in some capacity?

I'd hate to see Brunk go. He looks like the starter at center for us and shows some nice polish offensively. Honestly, think he'd be better off dropping some weight and gaining some agility/quickness however. He looks a little slow out there at times.

6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,525
    I’m not sure if Matt has a desire to get into coaching.

theenforcer13 likes this.
  7. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,613
    Matt recently started a job in finance I believe. Doesn’t appear to have a desire to stay involved in basketball in any capacity

8. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $811
    Have we actually been linked to Sestina? He looks really good.

9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
  10. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,252
    Best of luck to Brunk should he transfer. As far as it being detrimental to Butler next year, I just don’t buy it. He was a big minus defensively and limited as a back to basket 5.

It will be interesting to see the type of bigs we play next year. I think Nze, Golden, and Mulloy give us more flexibility than the past couple of years. Throw in either Hastings—who at least should have the most athleticism out of our wings to handle 4s on defense— or another 4/5 transfer and we may have both a flexible and solid front court, something we have been missing since AC.

I am cautiously optimistic.

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,835
    Back to the basket bigs appear to be a thing of the past. Seems like the college game is going the NBA model- threes and dunks. Even though Nova stunk yesterday it is Jay Wright’s game plan and if it is good enough for Jay Wright then let’s go.

12. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Active Member

Money:
    $290
    Auburn dominated a much larger Kansas team last night. Auburn doesn’t start a guy taller than 6-8. I think speed and athletism is the way of the future. Naz Ried for LSU is 6-10, but he can put the ball on the floor and make a basket. We just need 5 athletic kids that can compete on a nightly basis. No matter the size.

IndyDawgs, Sidd Finch and SnoopDawg like this.
  13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    While I agree with you, Purdue did play a 7'3" big man for 33 minutes. Also, when Nova won their national titles they had Omari Spellman and Daniel Ochefu. Just saying.

14. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,221
    I wouldn't exactly call 6'8, Omari who shot 43% from 3 a back to the basket 5

bmradio99 and dawgs2014 like this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,835
    It’s not that you can’t win with a back to the basket center but that player better be quick and athletic. Purdue’s big is way quicker than Brunk or Fowler.

dawgs2014, Army Dawg!!! and SnoopDawg like this.
  16. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,967
    If a player is unhappy at Butler and moves on to greener pastures then so be it. Let’s hope whatever openings we have will be filled with upgraded players. We’ll have a pretty good idea how good this staff is keeping the key parts in tact and improving where we are weakest.

17. Hinkle Magic2

Money:
    $811
    Big men like Haarms and even Tacko Fall are also great defensively as shotblockers (and much bigger).

Fowler and especially Brunk were never assets defensively despite their size.

Which raises another question, why doesn't Butler ever recruit shot blocking centers?

SnoopDawg likes this.
  18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,103
    Not a candidate for us but an interesting development, Ashton-Langford is leaving Providence.

SpartanDawgs and jkcdawgs like this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,221
    Kind of knew something was up with the grad transfer PG they just nabbed

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    It's weird that a borderline 5 star transferring is a good thing for Providence. But it is.