2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

This name kind of sounds familiar. Did he visit in '13 or '14?

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    I'm interested to see how much fallout from the roster and recruits planning to come to Tuscaloosa there is. Avery was pretty popular with the players.

bumba and IndyDawgs like this.
  3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    Yep. He was actually predicted to come to Butler I believe until we got a commitment from someone else. Butler maybe? Don't quote me on that. I didn't research it in depth.

4. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,338
    SpartanDawgs, bumba and willisbrown like this.
  5. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $547
    6'3" PG. From Indianapolis. Attended Park Tudor.

6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    It seems like we're connected to guards and not big men. I think that tells us something about how this staff views the roster.

ButlerProf likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    Moore redshirted this past year due to injuries. Could be a grad transfer. Good student. Excellent from three. Would be good addition. Need a guard with experience.

bumba likes this.
  8. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $274
    That would be three Bryces on the roster.....I guess thrice Bryce is nice!

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    I don’t see the need for wings or bigs as much as a combo guard to give KB and AT some help.

bumba and jkcdawgs like this.
  10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $4,303
    Sure. I think that's what Battle will hopefully be. I guess my point is that if Joey is the one assumed to be leaving, it is interesting to me that they don't (at least right now) seem to want to replace him. They must be pretty confident in Nze, Golden, and Mulloy.

mwall787, Daddysmack and Hinkle like this.
  11. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $348
    I still dont believe that he is. I can not figure out how an elementary education student could finish in 3 years. It requires 2 full semesters of student teaching with no classes. So he would have to fulfill all other requirements in 2 years. If he did that, then that is amazing! Especially for a person that plays in a high major sport.

Unless he is graduating with a general degree and not his teaching license and finish that at a different school, which could work, but would be weird leaving COE since they have a 100% placement rate.

Really interested to see the conclusion to this.

Tentozen likes this.
  12. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $348
    They should be confident in Nze, he is a beast. Of course Horizon League so not same competition, but watched him play a couple times his Sophmore year. Plays bigger than he is, not that he is small by any means.

13. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,251
    I agree. If you assume we have 2 proven guards (AT and KB) and only 1-2 proven bigs (Nze and Golden) returning plus the feeling that Battle is more likely to contribute than Mulloy as a frosh, then it seems obvious that the target should be a big or a ‘wing’ that can more easily slide in at the 4.

It would seem that either Brunk is not out (although it appears we have pretty reliable sources saying he is), coaches are fine with the returning bigs, and/or they view Hastings/David as being able to slide into the 4 role.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $4,303
    This is all also to say: they could absolutely be reaching out to bigs and we just don't know!

15. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,338
    Nate Sestina was talked about a few pages back. Currently visiting Kentucky

16. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    Nate Sestina is currently on a visit to Kentucky and apparently nearly 50 schools have reached out to him.

17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    Welp, we can scratch that one off the list. No wonder we're reaching out to western michigan cast offs.

18. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $242
    I actually asked my wife about this scenario this morning. She also guessed that he may graduate with an education degree and no license. This would make sense if his grad program doesn't require licensing or provided opportunity to meet those requirements.

Daddysmack likes this.
  19. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,043
    As every year, we've likely reached out to 10x the number of transfers that have been reported on twitter. Worrying about which ones get tweeted about is futile.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Agree, wasn't PJ or Woodson a total surprise?

Daddysmack likes this.