2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $348
    Agree, a ton goes on that we dont know about or that is just not reported on.

Example, I know they had someone on campus yesterday, but I have no clue who it was because it was not reported anywhere that I noticed.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,103
    I think there was some smoke with Woodson. Then again he was from Mississippi attending Memphis so I had on the ground whispers on top of Butler whispers, I was pretty certain he would come to Butler early on. I loved that dude.

Either way it's correct, we don't hear most of what's going on. I'm just trying to keep faith high that there is something going on, that this staff realizes the desperation it's facing. If all is the same, we will be having these exact discussions after a bad nit loss this time next season...if we even get into the nit. This squad needs a massive makeover.

Danville Bulldog likes this.
  3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,836
    I believe Rotnei Clarke was a surprise

4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $547
    By now I shouldn't be but I still am amazed at statements that suggest that the author probably knows more about the Butler basketball team than the coaches. They often sound like: "I hope the coaches know that . . ." or words to that effect. That's the short version. The more honest version is: "I hope the coaches, who know more about Division 1 college basketball than I ever will know, who are intimately familiar with their players, who have far more knowledge than I do about who is staying and who is going and about who the coaches are talking to as potential transfers and recruits and about the players' strengths and weaknesses, and whose livelihoods depend on their knowledge of their team and their coaching and recruiting skills, I hope those coaches are smart enough to agree with the assessment of the situation made by a casual fan based on far less information than they have. If they don't, well, we obviously don't have very smart coaches."

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  5. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $613
    Matt Freeman, big from Oklahoma is transferring. Immediately eligible

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

willisbrown likes this.
  6. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007

Was waiting for this news...this would be the ultimate get, but we pretty much have no shot, as he could go wherever he wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown and bumba like this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,103
    Yeah he'll be very sought after by the big dogs. That Bama fallout is something I think they had to expect with the firing of Avery. I wonder if Arkansas sees similar fallout.

IndyDawgs likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
    We dont have a 2020 committed, so shoot your shot and make the call. Sit one play three would still give him two years as the starter.

willisbrown likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,221
    He could get an NCAA waiver and have immediate eligibility though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown and bumba like this.
  10. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,288
  11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,525
  12. IndyDawgs

IndyDawgs Active Member

Money:
    $429
    I'm not saying Butler has a shot at Nate Sestina but I think he's a moron if he goes to Kentucky. Sure Nate seems like he's basically Reid Travis and Reid had a good year there but he's not going to the NBA or anything. Also it would have to mean that Cal has given up on Matthew Hurt and Jaden McDaniels (granted he might not get them anyway) but even then I don't think Cal can promise him Reid Travis's minutes? Unless EJ Montgomery or Nick Richards plan on transferring or Keion Brooks decommits? Dontaie Allen may redshirt but I still don't know if the minutes a highly-valued grad transfer would want are available at Kentucky unless Kentucky also has transfers or decommitments.

13. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    Every damn time I see Baylor on one of these lists I have to read it at least 2-3 times to make sure it's not Butler.

DawgPoundMac, NCJon and Daddysmack like this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,525
    I think he automatically comes to Butler, right?

bwesson15, #60, Shimmy and 5 others like this.
  15. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    Have we been connected to Sestina at all besides his girlfriend is moving to Indy?

Seems like a really good fit. Yeah, UK is after him, but I think the opportunity to play at Butler and be a feature player here could be a selling point.

16. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,845
    Already a crowded 3/4 rotation. If there is mutual interest, some other news is coming regarding transfers.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Hinkle likes this.
  17. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    For a team that just started McDermott at the 4 all season, I pretty much assumed he'd be playing the 5 with us at 6'9", 245 pounds. Seems like the kind of "stretch big" LaVall would want in his "Michigan offense".

18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556

Top 50 SG in high school, Bama is bleeding talent right now.

19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $798
    I’d say there’s a good chance these Alabama kids are eligible next season. Would be nice to land one....

20. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $547
    Maybe Avery Jukes would put in a good word for the Dawgs to them.