2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    Demir over Smits?

cornette33 and bumba like this.
  2. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $294
    If you squint, he kind of looks like Chrabascz.

If its A or B, and you aren't allowing for more options in addition -- certainly.

cornette33 likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    I agree with this. I don't think his 3 ball shooting is all that great (27%) but talent wise, I'd take he over Smits. Unless LaVall just desperately wants a true 5. If he could improve his shot even just a little he'd be a nice fit. It would be a solid addition, nothing that wows you, but more talent than Smits.

4. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007

Sign me up please! Also averaged 1.3 steals/game and shot 37% from 3 on just over 5 attempts. Has averaged 14 or so points a game first two seasons.

willisbrown likes this.
  5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Yes if we are moving toward the "Michigan offense" where the 5 is more mobile....but only if the guy can play high major basketball. Drexel was bad this year. Agree the highlight reel looks good but that's the intent. Anyone follow this conference? I don't.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  6. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
    I follow the CAA a little bit. There are two teams relatively close and I usually get to one or two games at each every season. That said, I don't know the last time I went to a Drexel game and it certainly wasn't during the last two seasons.

7. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    I think the last transfer Butler from this league was Mike Green when Lick got him from Towson. That didn’t work out too bad. Hope we can catch lighting in a bottle again. This team needs the help.

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,023
    With the Wofford coach leaving... any chance that little PG (basically a quicker Tyler Lewis with an outside shot) or #10 would consider tranferring?

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,831
    Wish we played like Wofford.

CarlosDanger likes this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,253
    Wofford was fun to watch, reminded me of the good old days.

CarlosDanger and Insane Dawg like this.
  11. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    I didn’t watch Wofford in the regular season, but thought the exact same thing when I saw them play in the tourney. Good 3 point shooting team. Tough guards that weren’t super athletic, but were fundamentally sound. Scrappy team that valued every offensive possession and competed hard on defense. Reminded me of the TJ, Cornett, Archey, Brandon Miller years when Butler played with a lot more pride and heart. Our guys don’t play with a chip on their shoulder anymore.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,253
    The sad thing is 90 percent of college teams play with no structure and are only interested in jacking up threes. Pass the ball around the perimeter for 20-25 seconds and then
    fire up a three. I too really miss when Butler played with pride and heart!

CarlosDanger likes this.
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,229
    The NCAA supposedly penalizes team APR’s when a OAD leaves “not in good standing”, but my guess is that rarely happens as the player no doubt stays eligible through ridiculously easy classes and is taking the minimum hours required. There have been obvious examples of players not atttending classes once the season is over but I assume they don’t give a rat’s a$$ if the team takes an APR hit.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    The APR is hot garbage. A transfer is considered an "academic failure" yet schools like Kentucky get perfect scores when they've had 18 underclassmen leave early for the NBA draft in just the last 5 years.

estar20dawg likes this.
  15. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,066
    I want an immediately eligible big. I really don’t think the last roster spot needs to be eligible right away. In fact, I think I’d prefer he not be eligible right away. Last year I fully believe that our 10 man rotation was a problem. I think guys were playing too tight. I’d rather get back down to a 7-8 man rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $479
    I fully agree but the question is do we have the personnel for a competitive 7-8 man rotation in the Big East right now?

17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    No we do not.

We need a big and a perimeter player that can play right away. We need big east caliber players and how many proven do we have coming back as I type right now? One? Two if you count Tucker? Possibly 3 (Nze?)

All of Golden, McD, Thompson are role players on a big east roster and David probably doesn't see the court with most of the squads in conference. We have no idea what we're getting in Hastings and we're hoping on Battle but he'll have his freshman up and downs. We need whatever talent we can find, and the first choice is immediate. Second would be a sit one play 2 or 3. I'd rather two right away then one to sit...a perfect world gives us one more defection (Please Lord) and allows us to accomplish this.

znelson15 likes this.
  18. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    Let's see: Thompson, Baldwin, McDermott, Nze, Golden is 5, then you have Tucker, Battle (hopefully), and hopeful transfer big, that's 8.

Still also have David, Hastings, or Baddley who could enter into such a rotation,

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  19. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    I really hope baddley being a senior doesn’t take away from Battles time. Battle seems to be a stud and hope he gets minuets his freshmen year so he can develop into a top college basketball player. Just hoping baddley being a senior doesn’t get in the way.
    7-8 man rotation needs to be it next year
    Thompson Baldwin tucker McDermott Nze
    Then u have golden David
    Then fill in the blank on a transfer. I hope we get a big and sit one year guy

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

He had high major offers in high school but didn't exactly light it up at VCU.