2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,340
  2. CarlosDanger

CarlosDanger Member

Money:
    $115
    Preferably someone long and athletic like Kam Woods. Watching Owens and Diakite during the Final 4, as well as some of these other bigs during this tournament, made me really miss Kam. I want a freak who can defend the rim. I think the roster has guys who can carry the scoring load. Give me a big who will be a force on the boards and has the ability to affect shots in the paint.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,105
    I saw last night where we were involved with this kid...this is disappointing if there has been no interest shown. He's one of the better ones out there. Let's hope it just wasn't reported, I've seen it both ways.

4. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,306
    Can you link to where you saw us reported as connected?

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,105
    He must like the number 7.

Tentozen, shoeevv and mwall787 like this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556

willisbrown likes this.
  7. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,105
    Endless motor sports on the twitter machine, said we and Wisky were involved with him. But I trust Rothstein more. Which is ugh because this was a target I really liked.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,105
    IF Bynum is a top get and Smits is the other, this team will be better in 2020-2021...but next year will be a repeat of this year. If not worse.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  9. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Would sure be a waste of Kamar and McDermotts senior season.... At least they will get minutes.

10. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $612
    A debate whether we'll finish 7-8th or last in the BE next season. I suppose the Pollyanna vote will be for 5th place. Whoa boy, the board next season is going to be rough.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,105
    The big east will be loaded and we are taking no steps forward from an awful team who lost its returning starting 5 man. I'm not sure even if the polly crew can talk this bunch up. If so it's going to be interesting. I can't see how you can't see 8 is the ceiling unless some other teams just have massive unforseen fallout or some kind of mega meltdown. We are way down the line of talent and last in coaching.

12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,215
    Title will come back when St. John's does it. And he will claim he was first. He never said how long the road was! :)

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
    IMO a lot depends on Nze & Hastings. We will lose scoring at the 5 but Golden may make up for it. Can we defend the 4 is my bigger question mark.

The next question mark is if we can't sign a backcourt grad transfer, how do we get Battle minutes? The kid is going to be good, so does LJ have the balls to shut down Baddley like he did JGB if he doesn't compete at the level we need. Might not be a popular opinion, but the rotating 10 guys experiment didn't work.

I'd be interested in trying Kamar at the 1 & Battle at the 2. AT's jump shot is broken. Until we see differently, he's not getting the benefit of the doubt from me. Kamar & Battle can slash to the rim in his place and shoot from outside.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,105
    I'm all for the Baldwin-Battle lineup. AT can get his minutes but I like the idea of seeing Baldwin and Battle work together, with Tucker, Nze and Golden (but we all know McD will start).

NateDog and Hinkle Nation like this.
  15. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $730
    I know there's a chance this ends up in the "Freezing Takes" section, but I'll take my chances. I believe Hastings is going to be really good.

16. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,252

AT's jump shot, while not great, is not broken. He improved significantly from freshman to sophomore year and shot better from 3 than Baldwin last year. Thompson just merely needs to have the confidence to take a few more 3s and finish like he did last year (and no, he does not need a mid range jumper). If he does that, he deserves significant playing time. A big priority of the coaches has to be to make him a plus offensively even if he doesn't improve his shooting because he has other valuable tools (driving, passing, finishing).

I agree that Nze and Hastings are very important (along with Golden and a potential big transfer). Our roster improves significantly if we have the ability to play two bigs because it allows Tucker, McDermott, and David to play in position.

jkcdawgs and jal8908 like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,105
    I want to believe this so badly. The red shirt thing scares me that he'll be ok and that's about that, but I want to believe he can grow into a very plus player with this team. By far he's the most intriguing to me out of anyone returning from last year's team.

cornette33 and Hinkle Nation like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,556
    That's probably because AT's defender was double teaming Baldwin.

CarlosDanger and Insane Dawg like this.
  19. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $430
    Disagree; St. John's is in turmoil and DePaul is losing three starters. I'm not saying that Butler isn't hurting for talent, but I wouldn't say that they are almost certainly going to be picked last.

20. schoops

schoops Active Member

Money:
    $842
    I think the biggest indicator of where we'll finish next year will be if Tucker decides to play defense or not.

Sent from my LM-V350 using Butler Hoops mobile app