2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $702
    It’s official Willis has lost his marbles once again. Time for another hiatus brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    I think maybe some are underestimating what we had last year in 2 seniors one who had a heart of a lion but wasn’t gonna go play well every night. The other who I’m sure will be successful but had so much on his plate I doubt he worried to much about basketball.
    On top of that Brunk was said to have wanted out for awhile which I’m sure impacted the locker room.
    Tucker joined the team late and I’m am sure that this affected the rotation and the way guys felt ( look at baddleys minuets)
    I honestly think with our seniors next year especially Baldwin and Sean
    And if AT plays the way he did at the end of year with development from tucker and battle being what we all think we finish as a 9 seed or better
    Our schedule present challenges but also great opportunities.
    Give the staff a chance at least they have landed tucker battle and hopefully Brown. That’s not bad at all.

Shimmy likes this.
  3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522

Glad we didn't reach out.

4. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $421
    His quick commitment to ISU is a little surprising considering that I had heard that Purdue had contacted him. That obviously fell through and it doesn't appear that he had very many suitors since he committed so soon to Indiana State. I wish him all the best at ISU.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  5. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,276
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,881
    And Keeling has kicked us to the curb. His final few are UNC, GT, Purdue, NC State and Clemson.

But I'm the bad guy for questioning what is going on with 2019 transfers. Ho Hum.

7. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,498
    Remember, 16 - 17. Relax.

Daddysmack and DawgPoundMac like this.
  8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,209
    I think us not being Keeling’s top 5 doesn’t mean they are planning to pocket the scholarships?

DawgPoundMac, NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  9. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $442
    I mean it's not very reliable but I heard Brandon Johns might transfer from Michigan, If so, this would be a realistic must get. Kinda has the Nze body type but would play the 3. Even though he is another wing, he is very talented. Would have to sit 1 play 3.

Sidd Finch and Hinkle Nation like this.
  10. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $421
    While he would have been a nice pick-up, his Final 5 are all teams from Power Five conferences; so I am not as concerned about him not including Butler as I would be if other Big East teams had made his list.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I've heard this too actually. Nothing jaw dropping but it exists. Same with Poole, that he isn't happy at UM and he is sniffing the nba waters but probably going to stay in school, he may be looking to move on. Allegedly, and this is all just talk, his parents are pushing him to leave. That they're not happy. I doubt that one grows legs but the Johns one could very well be real.

12. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $442
    It's funny because he is from East Lansing and his parents pushed him away from MSU to Michigan...

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
    I think his frustration is we're not chasing the high major Avery Woodson's (that we know of obviously). Agree there is plenty of time left, but to not be mentioned with some of the high major transfers already on the board is a bit puzzling.

14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
    Was LJ the lead recruiter at UM or was that after his time? I can remember watching Johns in AAU. Kid could definitely shoot from deep.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,881
    I believe with Poole there is a connection, I'm not sure on Johns but don't think so.

16. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    @SpartanDawgs who did u root for in the final four when butler beat MSUjust curious just noticed ur name lol

17. SpartanDawgs

Money:
    $442
    This is going to show my age but I was a senior in high school during the 2010 final four. I knew that I was going to Butler next fall but still lived in East Lansing at the time. My dad took me to the final 4 and I wore a Butler shirt with an MSU sweartshirt. I also had a butler pin on the MSU sweatshirt so got a lot of weird looks walking around. When it came down to the wire, I was cheering for Sparty because I knew their personnel a little more.

I would however cheer for Butler in a heart beat now since I graduated from Butler and I'm a season ticket holder. Just hope that doesn't happen soon... I could do a Gavitt game though!

bwesson15, shoeevv and DawgPoundMac like this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
    Hinkle likes this.
  20. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $727
    Have we heard what the surgery was about and what his status is?

Mad_Dawg 48 likes this.