2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $440
    Wait the 2020 class isn’t in complete shambles? LaVall isn’t incompetent? Damn I would’ve never guessed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,352
    Let's not put the cart before the course here. It's a good feeling and yes, he really likes Butler. But, let's take the foot off the gas and get back to the fact that LJ is doing nothing with two open spots to improve a team that desperately needs. it.

Trumpforpresident2020 likes this.
  3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $292
    We've been connected with a handful of transfers. I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from. Slow your roll.

4. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $707
    He probably means who they are going after. Team needs not just bodies but impact guys to lift them out of the basement

Insane Dawg and willisbrown like this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,352
    We've made some contact with a few. And those players aren't showing any interest in Butler (except for Bynum and he can't play this year). Smits came through but we couldn't even land that plane. Now, he may come back from asu and nc st and choose Butler, but I'm not getting the feeling he will.

There is no traction with any of the transfers out there except for Bynum. No other visits no other connections that are standing out. And no connections to any JUCOs either (that's a harder route, but still). There just is no action right now while players are starting to pick their schools. Why are we not all over the likes of Moore, Brown, Stone, Cheatem? Hell any of the Arkansas kids? There's a buffet of talent available to help now, and LaVall is content just sitting at the table without going to the feast.

I said it the other day, I'm hoping against hope there is a secret out there we just don't know. But that hope is slipping with no recent movement or connections and players beginning to come off the board.

6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,779
    I think that’s probably a lot of definitive statements with very little to back it up.

Tentozen and NCJon like this.
  7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $707
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,352
    Another player we're just asleep on the wheel in regards to...I don't get this thought from some that literally just want to go with what we have and pocket these two scholarships. What we have is not good. I'm sorry I'm agitated because I want this roster to get better and I see zero indication that is happening. None.

9. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $3,779
    They are literally recruiting players! You want them to continue going after Bede! There literally *is* an indication that they aren’t trying to pocket the scholarships!

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,352
    Wanting them in on someone doesn't mean they are in on someone. It's a nice thought with a connection from a few years ago, but that's all it is right now.

They are not in on anyone that can help right now. Smits was the only one and I don't want to go 100% that boat has left port, but I'm close. That's where my frustration is coming from. I don't see movement from this staff to make this roster better now. 2020 I see and feel a pulse. Now? Nothing.

11. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,100
    Jesus Christ you are exhausting. Do you honestly think our staff has zero idea this player (or some of the other players you’ve clamored for) are available?

I know some people have a low perception of the staff, but can we at least agree that like any average Joe on this board, that the staff also has the ability to look at 247 or Rivals?

Maybe they aren’t there because they’ve talked to him and know they have no chance? I just think it’s funny that the default guess is staff ineptitude.

huss587, Daddysmack, Tentozen and 5 others like this.
  12. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $440
    It’s official Willis has lost his marbles once again. Time for another hiatus brother.

13. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $270
    I think maybe some are underestimating what we had last year in 2 seniors one who had a heart of a lion but wasn’t gonna go play well every night. The other who I’m sure will be successful but had so much on his plate I doubt he worried to much about basketball.
    On top of that Brunk was said to have wanted out for awhile which I’m sure impacted the locker room.
    Tucker joined the team late and I’m am sure that this affected the rotation and the way guys felt ( look at baddleys minuets)
    I honestly think with our seniors next year especially Baldwin and Sean
    And if AT plays the way he did at the end of year with development from tucker and battle being what we all think we finish as a 9 seed or better
    Our schedule present challenges but also great opportunities.
    Give the staff a chance at least they have landed tucker battle and hopefully Brown. That’s not bad at all.

Shimmy likes this.
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,843

Glad we didn't reach out.

15. Tiles52

Tiles52 Active Member

Money:
    $348
    His quick commitment to ISU is a little surprising considering that I had heard that Purdue had contacted him. That obviously fell through and it doesn't appear that he had very many suitors since he committed so soon to Indiana State. I wish him all the best at ISU.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  16. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,149
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $2,352
    And Keeling has kicked us to the curb. His final few are UNC, GT, Purdue, NC State and Clemson.

But I'm the bad guy for questioning what is going on with 2019 transfers. Ho Hum.

18. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,491
    Remember, 16 - 17. Relax.

Daddysmack and DawgPoundMac like this.
  19. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $3,779
    I think us not being Keeling’s top 5 doesn’t mean they are planning to pocket the scholarships?

DawgPoundMac, NCJon and UDDawg like this.
  20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $154
    I mean it's not very reliable but I heard Brandon Johns might transfer from Michigan, If so, this would be a realistic must get. Kinda has the Nze body type but would play the 3. Even though he is another wing, he is very talented. Would have to sit 1 play 3.

Sidd Finch and Hinkle Nation like this.