2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    It was something really minor. Nothing serious at all. I asked a source and he told me he wasn’t sure exactly what it was for but nothing he staff was concerned about

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $962
    So it's really Smits or not at Center or Nze? No other available guys we are linked to. Really not good if that's it. They can't be serious to be able compete against anyone high major with that.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    Looks like it. Not going to be able to red shirt jmm if this is the case and, he needs a lot of work before he's ready. I was never gung ho or hating the idea of Smits, but the more I think about it, even if a spot 10-12 minutes a game we could have used his services.

4. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    If LV can't recruit a top transfer or two, the coming season is going to be no better or worse than the last one.

cornette33 likes this.
  5. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $279
    The league is FAR better and they aren’t. They’re worse relative to last year overall - and significantly in the BE

nindiana, Mark Shelvin and cornette33 like this.
  6. cornette33

Money:
    $962
    Can't they get even a 6'9 lanky guy who can run and shoot outside jumpers. Can't believe there is not a guy with the skill set of Paul Reed available at all.

Nze is 6'7. What are we going to have Duane Lightfoot at Center?! Ideally Nze and Golden share the 4 spot.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    There a few 3 to stretch 4s out there to be had if we wanted in. At least take their temperature. But, no dice. Brown, Stone, Ballard, Ryan are stretch 4 to 4s I'd love to see some action on. As far as 5s...none really to speak on other than Giddens...maybe Benson.

cornette33 likes this.
  8. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    ESPN reported the Hauser brothers are transferring from Marquette. I though the board would be all over this.

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,271
    Who?

10. cornette33

Money:
    $962
    Furthermore, they are currently not recruiting a Center for 2020. I don't get it.

11. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    I saw an article that said the announcement came a few days after Howard indicated he will stay. That may explain some things. Marquette would be really good with them, I suspect it is tough to play with a person who has a green light and unlimited range.

12. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    Your talking about this like we all don’t know they haven’t transfered lol have u seen the board

cornette33 likes this.
  13. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    I guess not. What thread was this discussed in? It looks like this story just came out today and I scanned the threads but did not see anything about this one. Anyway, it didn't cost anything to be redundant or to read the post.

14. cornette33

Money:
    $962
    There is a thread in the BE section saying Hauser bros are transferring

15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,271
  16. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $916
    -St John's is going to be terrible
    -DePaul lost their 3 best players from a team that was at the bottom of the league
    -Marquette got significantly worse (went from preseason favorite to middle of the pack) and if Howard goes, they will be near the bottom
    -Seton Hall really has to hope Powell comes back (I think he will), but they are worse than Butler if he goes pro
    -Xavier needs Scruggs and Goodin to take steps forward or they are a soft bubble team again

Putting Butler aside, there are major question marks with 5/9 of the remaining teams in the league. If you want to nitpick, Georgetown, while they do have a great backcourt, loses their best player and one of the conferences best players in Govan. Plus Ewing hasn't shown the ability to get them over the hump. I think things are pretty cut and dry with Nova, Providence, and Creighton going into next year, but I think there are clear questions with every other team to varying degrees.

Hinkle Nation, knobcreekfan and NCJon like this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Zip zero. The hole needs to be plugged now and ever more so in the future. There doesn't seem to be any attempts going on to seriously get in on these guys available. And no traction on any bigs immediate or for the future. Shrug.

18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,953
    Up until Brunk left, we had a center in 3 consecutive classes. There was (and still is really) 0 reason to specifically want a center in 2020. I suspect the plan has been to redshirt Mulloy anyways, making him effectively a 2020 Center.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,465
    There were people calling for Golden to start in the last few games of the year and badmouthing Brunk. Now we want Smits or someone else at the 5? I don't get it. If Mulloy needs to play, then let him learn on the court. If Nze can play the 5, that means more minutes for Hastings at the 4.

butlerdude05 likes this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    I *think* I'm hoping they red shirt JMM regardless of having a thin roster this coming season. He can add to this program but needs that year to get stronger and continue to develop. That leaves us very vulnerable up front though and of course lends itself to guy playing out of position. I want a big, any big, if for anything to not waste McD's senior season at the 4. I think the trickle down effect of he on the wing (Tucker too) rather than mixing it up with Big East 4s would be very positive. We'll see, I do think there is a need for an added big with the JMM red shirt. At least for someone that can play the 4.