2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    Xavier is going to be very very good. Far ahead of Butler .

2. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,134
    I believe Joey left in part because he thought he was going to lose minutes to Nze at the 5.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,706
    I'd like to think they are at least considering him some at the 4 with Golden at the 5 or vice versa. It's ok (and probably beneficial at times) to let them have some run together, knowing the front courts we'll be going up against this year. It may not fit what LJ wants to do, but, what has he "wanted to do" that has worked at all to this point? He needs to adjust a little and has a pretty good opportunity to do so, especially if by chance we do land a 3rd big.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,644
    A thought came to mind with Golden deciding not to redshirt- he may have had a good inkling that Brunk was planning on leaving.

Tentozen likes this.
  5. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    ESPN came out with a list of transfers go check it out. We should for sure be after a few

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,271
    Someone should email that list to LaVall. Need to make sure he has it!

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    I don't like much four letter, but that's a pretty good list with the small right ups on each player, and actually more in depth than 24/7's...their's is based on HS ratings and this four letter list seems to dial in more on college production. Borzello is good, I wish he would dump the four letter but he's always been a good bball insider and good guest on GP and others' shows.

Nice find, dude.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  8. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,160
    Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    Hinkle Nation and willisbrown like this.
  10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,081
    Willis, please send LV the list. Tell him we need 2 top transfers ASAP. Send my regards, as well.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Trust me, I'm guessing he knows I feel this way. Lord knows the staff reads this board. They love them some willis :)

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  12. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    In all seriousness, out of the immediate list that are available, I'd love to see tires kicked on Hazzard, Tucker, Gilder, Ingram, Stone, Cheatem, Ryan, Johnson, Cumberland.

13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $461
    Why not Juiston?

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    You had mentioned him as a possible and I completely forgot to include him in mine. But I like the idea. He'd be a nice addition to the front court as a rough and tumble 4/5. Would def allow for a JMM red shirt.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Blackshear leaving va tech...

No chance with every big boy coming after him I'm sure, but, we can dream.

Also, looks like Tucker has visited Auburn and is visiting Memphis, those two seem to be his front runners.

16. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $916

Hot damn!!! This would be absolutely wonderful, but with his track record in the ACC, there's going to be a crazy long line for him.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,706
    Jinx.

Yeah that may end up being the most sought after of any of the transfers if he doesn't go to the league. He could make any team better.

18. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $916
    I will give kudos to ESPN for that list of the top graduate transfers and the top "sit, then play" transfers (although Brunk at 12? Come on.), but what I took away from reading the list and the little blurbs for each player is that there are a lot of options available that could help this team. Yeah we may have swung and missed on a few of the top names, but I don't think this team needs to 2 game-changing transfers to get back to the tournament. What I think they need to do is identify players to contribute in ways that would fill gaps on this team. I honestly think we have a good rotational core for next season, but if they can bring in 2 guys that will help them in some capacity, even in let's say 15-18 minutes a night, it could really provide a boost to next year's team. Everyone wants the top guys, but keep in mind, a lot of good programs will pursue and whiff on the Sestinas or the Blackshears or the Juistons out there...the key is to use BOTH scholarships to get players that will make an impact somewhere to propel this team upward. As much as we give the staff and the HC grief at times, I truly believe they know they have some holes to fill and that using both scholarships for immediate contributions is critical.

MasterSplinter likes this.
  19. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,193
    Totally agree with this sentiment--plus, as I think Dawgs2014 pointed out--the vast, vast majority of grad transfers are good role players at best (very rarely, if ever, does a grad transfer catapult to top player on his new team). I personally think the most important hole to fill is in the frontcourt (to allow McDermott, Tucker to player their proper positions).

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,465