2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $202
    Front Court 1 Athlete that can defend inside & out. That could be Nze. No idea on his SAQ. Speed, Agility, Quickness.
    Shooting Guard 1a That can shoot the 3.
    Anybody that can shoot the 3 ball 1b

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237

Max hazzard visiting Arizona. Listed other schools but not us.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
  5. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $918
    I want Max Hazzard, because as a former UC Irvine Anteater, we can adopt the school's unofficial "slogan":

bumba, seadawg and NCJon like this.
  6. Hinkle Nation

Hinkle Nation Active Member

Money:
    $480
    Why would we do that when we have Battle coming in? I thought battle plays the same position as Baldwin.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $817
    One thing I have to remind myself is: we only want to redshirt JMM if we really believe he can become a real talent. Otherwise, he takes up a schollie in the out years when we, theoretically, should be landing high level talent.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Nothing says welcome like writing off a player before he even arrives.

9. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I think we can have faith that he'll be a key cog for Butler going forward, hell he's a first team Indiana talent. He'll be just fine, I just don't think body wise he's ready for the big east. What will a summer do? Who knows. Skill wise he's got it. I don't think there is any doubt. But his strength will be needed and if that means a year or working on that, it will be all the better.

10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $817
    I'm not writing him off, at all. I believe he has real potential as a perimeter big who can defend well. I'm just merely pointing out that we really have to like what we see, when he gets here, to use a red shirt, if that's the way it goes. A red shirt increases your investment in a player.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
    What?

12. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,237
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,143
    Difference is nowadays, if a player doesn’t warrant a fifth year (or fourth) they can transfer to another program if they are unhappy with playing time or the coach is direct about their chances to see the court.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  14. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
    Never mind I'm a dummy. I forgot what thread I was in with all the JMM talk. I thought you were saying he went to Zionsville.

NCJon likes this.
  15. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    I agree that Mulloy would be better served getting stronger, and big men take a little longer to develop so a redshirt year could be invaluable.

He has some solid skills but I don't think he's ready to bang with Big East bigs down low.

bumba likes this.
  16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    Agree, it also brings class balance to the roster (not that it's essential). Give Mulloy a year in the weight room and see what happens to his game. I still think he's a stretch 4 waiting to happen based on his mobility.

17. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $918
    Bryce Moore committed to X.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    I am pretty shocked they offered, as I see them in a better boat than we are and we had no interest. But, to each their own I guess. Even if he blows up for 30 with ten steals against us I'll still stand with he wasn't the level guard we would have liked.

Hinkle Nation likes this.
  19. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Got some decent personal news today, bagged a yuge account at work...things, good or bad, come in 3s. The third will be LaVall surprising me and landing a transfer guard. Boom. Feelin' it.

Ok I'm reaching, but I'm trying.

Dewars12 likes this.
  20. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $347

How much do you post? Especially without any information that is relevant to any of us. It would be cool if it was every once in a while, but it's like every 5 minutes.

Please create your own thread and just post in there.