2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
    Bullsh*t, you incorrectly claimed less than a month ago how everything is clearly laid out by the NET and I should have no inside knowledge of the process that isn't documented in the media you read.

My kids went to a BU girls game this season. On the drive home they wanted to look at the Instagram pages of the players. Little did I know when I handed the phone to my grade school daughters, several current players had bikini pictures all over their IG profile and no privacy settings. Thus it was hardly a creepy dad moment. It turned into a teaching moment more like "no, we don't put that kind of picture on IG sweetheart".

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,947
    Yeah, I never said anything at all about seeding or selection. I was saying that the NET dictated the quadrants, and that it was better to lose quadrant one than two. I also provided the sources that explained that.

Your criticism of me was about seeding and the teams that were selected.

Its interesting that you were looking at your girls’ phones while you were driving.

Also in 2019 ppl get upset when men tell women what to wear.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,790
  4. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,178

Staff seems awfully aggressive about filling a scholarship that’s not currently (publicly) vacant, wouldn’t you say?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $179

100% agree. At least one is leaving and it is probably the best for the team and whoever leaves. Seems to me that they know there is at least one spot, and they are doing everything they can to get ahead of it. I trust LaVall in evaluating talent, but still not sure if he can lock them up. We will see in time.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,680
    My prediction stands at two defections. So it is good to see some activity. We're stuck with LaVall so at least he's trying to make noise. This battle won't be won but there will be others so it's encouraging thereseems to be activity.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,376
    I think it's just not public yet. They know who's on the cut list.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,779
    Pierce is a wing. We need a point guard far more than a wing so we must be losing at least one amongst Tucker, Baddley and David.

9. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $389
    As others have said, they know, so they're being proactive, which is good. I wish they would have been this proactive and aggressive when they coached during the season.

dippper61 likes this.
  10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Active Member

Money:
    $543
    I agree with most who have said we don't want Butler removing scholarships from players. With that said, it's clear we have an offensive system. The system is not a good fit for many on the roster and there may even be one one the roster that doesn't fit the culture. If the system, and definitely the culture, isn't going to change, it's fair for the players to pursue setups that are better suited to their games, IF that's the case. Except for KB. Sorry, KB, you don't get to go anywhere!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,779
    If they are going for a wing to replace one player leaving it can’t be KB but I wouldn’t be surprised by any announcement nor lose a lot of sleep

12. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $265
    Pierce averaged 4.1 assists a game anyway and 6 per game in his final 7 games. He seems like a player that could play nearly any position (I'm not suggesting he would be our starting PG though). After watching some video of him, he makes some incredible passes.

I wouldn't look too far into what position he's playing and who it means might transfer. We were just looking at a 2019 PG too.

The staff should just be looking for the most talented players on the market, position not being an issue in my opinion. The only guaranteed starter next year is KB.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM
    willisbrown likes this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,779
    If I were a HC I would contact attractive graduate transfers even if I didn’t know if I would have a scholarship available for a variety of reasons such as

Just in case someone does transfer
    Throw off competitors
    Send a message to current players
    Learn about situations at other programs

How much does a phone call cost in time and money?

14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,680
    I don't give a monkey crap what position a kid plays. We need talent. No one other than maybe Kb is irreplaceable or get this...we would have won more games this year. I don't care who leaves and don't care about the position hopefully coming in. I just want talent. You hustle for talent, not position when you are this terrible in a good conference.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,571
    I attend a few CAA games each year. I have friends with connections at both Elon and UNCW. (Who would ever turn down a daytrip to Wilmington?)

Anyway, I have seen this kid a couple of times over the last few years. I'd be pretty happy if he ended up at Butler for his final season.

willisbrown likes this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,571
  17. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $428
    KB to Georgia to play for Tom Crean - my out of left field prediction to top of this season

jkcdawgs likes this.
  18. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $11,779
    It would not shock me if KB transferred

19. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $995
    Would KB be a grad transfer or would he have to sit out a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Active Member

Money:
    $265
    I'm the opposite. It would really shock me. What makes you think that? He didn't redshirt or anything, he wouldn't even be a grad transfer would he? I don't think he's going anywhere.