2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,103
    If memory serves Schrage was the lead recruiter/major player on this one and his offer list was insane. But, his performance hasn't been out of this world, so maybe some of those blue bloods don't get involved? I'd say if we were to make a push we'd be an attractive landing spot.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,156
    It was definitely some connection to the former staff, but I don’t recall who or what the connection was. So I really doubt we’ve got a shot but he’s been on campus and is familiar with the program and school so it’s worth reaching out.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Hanover dawg likes this.
  3. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    I agree, def worth a call to take his temperature on Butler. I'm interested to see what type of traction he gets. Looking at his performance, there isn't much there (he barely got minutes while at UA). So many big programs were on him out of HS, curious to see the type of attention he attracts now, two years and not much PT in?

4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,543
    The NCAA needs (figuratively) burned to the ground. Start anew from the ashes.

Tentozen likes this.
  5. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,339
    Well....he will be playing in Hinkle next year.

NCJon, DawgsMD and willisbrown like this.
  6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,306
    Has anyone heard anything about Cormac Ryan? I think it's telling that we're still looking for transfer guards between Cormac and Barcello.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    I know he's visited ND. Other than that, all quiet.

8. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $720
    Part of me wants khalif battle to come in and be forced a role early but some part of me wants a grad transfer who’s experienced

9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
    We are looking for a transfer?

10. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $720
    If we can’t land a transfer let’s make a call to the IU assistant who just quit. Get some better assistants on the staff at least. I’m sure all the assistants are great dudes but I’d love to see a change with kampen and Meyer.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    Allegedly he was fired for making an offer without Archie's consent. I love it.

His daddy played for Butler. If we had a spot, he'd come to Butler in a minute. He'd be a star for Butler too. He's exactly what LaVall needs. Instead he has a bunch of yes men that can't recruit at a HM level and surely can't help on the sidelines in a game. Meyer needs forced retirement (make him a nice package) and Schilling needs a call. But as it is (and will be) we'll sleep on an opportunity and he'll get a pimp ass AC and lead recruiter job with another high major program. The connection and fit is too perfect. It's too bad it's a pipe dream.

Bulldogs260 likes this.
  12. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $359
    Ed Schilling is the farthest thing from pimp ass in all of college basketball. Maybe it would be worth it, when he was coaching at Park Tudor when Bluiett was there, but now? Pass.

Again, everyone at Butler is terrible and everyone else is great, even if they get fired at their job. I am not buying this.

For the younger crowd, he was also the former coach of our old nemesis Wright State, but he was fired from there too.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    2xDawg and estar20dawg like this.
  13. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $720
  14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,835
  15. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,181
    Because he doesnt have a clue.

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,103
    I don't think it can be argued he'd be better than what we have. We always had strong benches in the past, even with Miller. This staff leaves me scratching my head. Hopefully they improve and can nail down a couple of these 2020s.

17. Bulldogs260

Money:
    $720
    What has kampen done? Has he helped get any recruits?? Not to mention he looks like a goofball out there. I’m with Willis here the assistants are terrible the only one I wouldn’t mind keeping is coach Omar. I’ll buy into the let Lavall get his own class but I’m not waiting for assistant coaches to “grow”

18. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,984
    What do looks have anything to do with anything...?

19. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,896
    Wow, you really provided substantial practical relevant analysis. I am looking forward to more of your insightful commentary. Hopefully he isn't hurt you don't find him more fetching.

20. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $480
    Pretty sure Kampen recognized the inbound play OSU had during the pk80 and told Kelan Martin it was coming which ultimately won us the game. Also what has Omar done? Im pretty sure Kampen has found some under the radar players in previous years and was able to keep some players around due to all the coaching changes. He is the only stability we have. It's also hard to give credit to assistant coaches because you don't know what they have done unless you have insider information...

Shimmy, estar20dawg, DawgsMD and 6 others like this.