2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,219
    You want to rephrase anything there?

3. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,985
  4. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,124
    Got a twitter notification this morning that both Jeff Meyer and Matthew Johnson recently followed Barcello...must at least be some interest there

UDDawg likes this.
  5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,985
    I'm almost equally as intrigued that Barcello has a verified account. Twitter sure has gotten liberal in its assigning of the blue check mark.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  6. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,006
    He would be a sit one play two right? He really made the wrong choice going to Arizona to begin with.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  7. jal8908

jal8908 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,124
    I think so, which would put him 1 year behind Thompson and 2 years ahead of Harris.

bumba and cornette33 like this.
  8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    Yes, sit one to play two. He would be a very nice "2020" get. I wonder if there's any traction there...and for that matter with any of the power schools that were after him before. After two meh seasons his market can't be as hot as it was out of HS.

cornette33 likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,219
    I sure as heck wouldn't take him ahead of Vescovi or Myles...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    I'd take Barcello ahead of both. He was Top 100 when we recruited him in high school and has already played against high major talent. Could be T-Lew 2.0.

11. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,711
    Barcello was overrated IMO. Not to say he could not prove to be a great addition.

estar20dawg likes this.
  12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
    Tyler Lewis had a considerably more productive career at NC State than Barcello had at Arizona. Lewis transferred largely because of a coaching change. Barcello is transferring because he hasn't gotten much playing time and that situation isn't likely to change.

estar20dawg likes this.
  13. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,219
    I've always thought Barcello was overrated. There is no way he'd be half as good as T Lew. Vescovi has NBA potential all over the place. And I love what Tate could bring here. Barcello is a maybe a serviceable back up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,303
    Just to note that the same argument that is being applied to Barcello (he left because he couldn’t hack it) could be applied to Tucker, who we are all obviously expecting big things from.

Players can improve, some faster than others, and benefit from a change of scenery and system. I’ll trust the staff here if the interest is mutual.

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,094
    I am surprised that his PT and numbers were as poor as they were at Zona. Even so, I'd be all in on a Barcello/Butler Marriage. Worst case he's an experienced 6th or 7th man in 2020-2021. I'll take that.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  16. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
    To be fair, I am not saying Barcello couldn't hack it. My point is that his career trajectory is significantly different from Tyler Lewis' at this point. If the staff wants him and he wants to come to Butler, I am all for it.

I also was/am significantly concerned about expectations people have for Tucker, and have said that from the get go. His situation was different from Barcello's though, in that he only played a single semester at Duke. We have a much better idea of what kind of player Barcello is.

17. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,094
    I think adding some experience to 20-21 is very important. Butler will lose for sure-Baldwin, McD, Smits, Baddley...I'm anticipating Tucker. Not that I think he'd be ready to leave, but this is his last year I believe. JMO.

So, something like a Barcello coming in would be a positive. He doesn't blow your skirt up, but he's experienced at a big time D1 level, something a team with some youth in important positions could use. I hope there is some tread on these tires we're kicking.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Lewis lost his starting job at NC State to Cat Barber half way through his sophomore year. There was no upward trajectory there. He was destined to be a sub if he didn't leave.

ButlerBoyz and Insane Dawg like this.
  19. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $106
    Are you thinking tucker will be a great player for us this year to the point he gets drafted next year or do you think he will go overseas or G league route? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Barcello is transferring because they signed 5 star Nico Mannion. There is nothing right now that suggests Vescovi is coming to BU.