2019 Transfer Candidates

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by estar20dawg, Jul 23, 2018.

1. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $85
    That's fair. I don't think it's wise to be all aboard the Barcello train before Arizona and now jump off.

2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    You all need to let LJ know before he does something rash

3. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    How many guys on our current roster were All-State in high school basketball three years in a row? Some of us still hope he signs here.

If we took a shot on a kid who never saw the court at Duke before transferring, I would hope we would take a shot on a kid who never saw the court because Sean Miller was dropping bags of cash off with parents of Top 20 prospects.

ButlerBoyz likes this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,092
    It's a no brainer. We're going to need guard help in 2020-2021...experienced guard help? All the better. I'd rather they go hard after him than lose a battle for Brown.

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,092
    By they way, this new walk on (god willing) is a Rick Lewis guy :p

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,711
    If Barcello had immediate eligibility and a proven track record there would be no need to disagree on this topic but he has neither. That does not mean he wouldn't be an asset at BU, but who is to say Miller didn't give him a bag of cash too? After all he was a three time all-state team , 4 star top 100 recruit. I never realized the state of Arizona was such a hot bed for basketball. So much so that Arizona now zero players on the roster from their own state. To say this is a no brainer? This deserves some deliberation from staff. If Barcello were to opt for BU, I am on board, but if not he is far from the only fish in the sea at this point.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  7. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $85
    Sometimes these kids pick a program and don't really understand how they fit into the system. I don't think Barcello and Arizona were a fit stylistically. I think Barcello's game fits Butler's style of play much better.

8. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    In the past I would agree 100%, but Butler's style of play is now undergoing a transition IMO.

TheDawgDub95 and estar20dawg like this.
  9. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,830
    Sometimes kids pick a school that they have idolized or dreamt of since they were little and also listen to BS recruiters blow up their butts. Crean and IU come to mind.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  10. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,007
    MBA2003 likes this.
  11. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,980

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,092
    Those numbers are eye popping for sure. No matter the level of play. But yeah, we're thick next season at PG so hard to see using a scholly here. I wouldn't be opposed to it at all though. The numbers always work out and the more talent, the better.

MBA2003 likes this.
  13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $474
    If he's a scoring guard who could play off the ball from AT then I think it would work. AT has the ability to guard players that are taller than him.

14. seadawg

Money:
    $3,711
    Not that this player couldn't prove to be a great addition, but I think BU is stuck in a waiting game at present.