2020-21 Hark's Bark

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Nov 20, 2020.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,728
    If the scholarship totals do not change in light of this year's eligibility rule, thoughts on how we might best handle a class of 5 and a class of 3 all with the same eligibility. Also, we would have one scholarship open for one of our seniors in addition to Bo to stay next year. Do you red-shirt all 3 newcomers and Wilmoth next year so you have 2 classes of 4?

Any updates on our 2022 prospects? Obviously Davis went to L'ville and many of us can see a tremendous fit for Taylor with the current pieces. I think we have two scholarship for that year, but I've kind of lost track. Also, haven't heard anything about the scorer from MI in a while.

Also, any updates on what the players could and could not do to stay in shape and keep skills sharp would be of interest.

Thx!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,917
    With the SJU game being postponed, I can take Qs for another day or two :)

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,681
    Who on Butler do you think has improved the most from the start of the season until now?

Just take a wild guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    When will post Jan 1 schedule be released?

5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,917
  6. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,928
    Thanks Lukas, much appreciated.

7. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,917
  8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,917
    Just want to apologize for the lack of coverage from me over the past few days. With COVID affecting the holiday season, I've been trying to make my socially-distanced rounds to as many family members as I have been able to while taking this week off from my full-time job. I was able to get out my IU pre/postgame pieces and the preview for SIU but didn't have enough time to write takeaways from Monday or a preview for tonight. I'm doing the best I can and will hopefully have takeaways from PC after the game tonight, but I can't make any promises. I have a zoom call with my family right after the game as part of our holiday celebration and I'm trying to balance as best I can.

I know the Dawgs don't have much coverage to begin with and I want to be able to write on my normal schedule. Worst case scenario, I'm not back on my normal Butler writing schedule until the PC game next week. I promise I'm not going anywhere (tho speculating about a writer transferring might be better than some of the speculation we get occasionally lol). As much as I want to make Butler coverage a bigger priority, it's just not feasible all the time. Looking forward to hopefully a victory tonight and being able to spend a bit more time at the keyboard soon.

seadawg, troggy, Sidd Finch and 7 others like this.
  9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    Thank you, Lukas, for all the time to DO devote and the information you do provide.

We appreciate it

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

seadawg, bu1973, troggy and 6 others like this.
  10. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,917
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone! I know that it has been an extremely strange year, and continues to be so, but I hope that everyone is able to celebrate at least a little bit with your families and/or loved ones this holiday season. I also want to take this time to share my appreciation for all of your support for my Butler coverage this year. Your kind words mean a lot to me and push me to only work harder on improving my work moving forward. I know this was a weird year from me as I changed platforms from Busting Brackets to Patreon/Heat Check (Butler/national), and I really appreciate those that have continued to read and/or support my work. This has always been a passion project for me and without the ongoing support from fanbases like Butler's, I wouldn't be able to grow as much as I have to this point.

Thank you to everyone that reads, comments, and/or supports. It all means a lot to me. Merry Christmas everyone!

With the weekend approaching and a few days off from Butler hoops, you can also send over any questions for another Hark's Bark that I will write for a Sunday posting :).

11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,917
    Didn't really know where else to throw this but it's a random thought I just had: Chuck Harris as Big East freshman of the week?

12. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,279
    Probably see a few of them this year, and the great thing is, it could be any one of 3 guys.

MSUDawg, #60, 2xDawg and 1 other person like this.
  13. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,917
    Harris has won BE FOTW.

14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,414
    Well deserved

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,313
    As someone who had to spend 36 hours in the dark ages (no phone, no Internet, no TV) thanks to that stupid bomber, Lukas, we appreciate all coverage and realize that no one is directly paying you for it. Don’t ever feel bad for down time or like you owe us anything. Thanks for everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

troggy, ButlerNut, #60 and 5 others like this.