2020-21 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, Apr 22, 2020.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,883
    I did this last year and thought why not, let's do it again. This is a thread to aggregate what we know about next season's schedule.

I still feel like it's a little optimistic to think we'll have hoops next year, but I would rather have a little optimism that things will be better in the fall.

I've listed the games we know about below and will update this post as more information comes out.

@Michigan State,? Gavitt Games, Breslin Center*

Nov. 10 - St. Francis (PA) - Hinkle
    Nov. 20 - Central Michigan - Ft. Myers Tip-off home game, Hinkle
    Nov. 23 - Fort Myers Tip-Off - Colorado, South Florida or Wisconsin
    Morehead State - Hinkle
    Kansas State, Big East-Big XII Challenge, Hinkle
    Dec. 19 - Indiana, Crossroads Classic, Bankers Life Fieldhouse

Connecticut
    @Connecticut
    Creighton
    @Creighton
    DePaul
    @DePaul
    Georgetown
    @Georgetown
    Marquette
    @Marquette
    Providence
    @Providence
    Seton Hall
    @Seton Hall
    St. John's
    @St. John's
    Villanova
    @Villanova
    Xavier
    @Xavier

*I am going to leave MSU in for now. I've seen a few sites treating this as certain and as others are saying it's a rumor. I can't find anything official, yet.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,906
    Damn, AT Michigan State?

That’ll be ugly.

Welcome to college basketball, freshman class.

3. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,065
    Pretty sure it’s just a rumor. I haven’t seen it confirmed anywhere.

4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,321
    I haven't heard but I assume there will be two on-campus games for the Fort Myers Tip-Off. I checked the tournament site and didn't see anything about that. Does anyone have any information on that?

Last year's tournament featured Bradley, Kansas State, Northwestern and Pittsburgh at Fort Myers, with Pitt and Northwestern meeting in the championship game (yikes!). On-campus game teams were Monmouth, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Norfolk State and Radford.

Based strictly on 2019-20 season-end kenpom rankings, the quality of the tournament field took quite a jump for 2020. In 2019, all four teams at Fort Myers ended ranked from 96 to 132 (average: 89). Three of the 2020 teams (Wisconsin, Butler and Colorado) ended from 22 to 35, with South Florida at 125 (average: 52).

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,146
    Yeah, welcome to the big leagues. Jesus. I hope the kids are ready because this is "hell week" phi delt style right off the bat.

Kinda hope the rest are mostly buy games. It already lines up as brutal.

I love the Ft Meyers field. That should be a fun couple of days. And if we're allowed to go, SW FL ain't a bad break from reality late in the year.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $405
    Would guess the remaining 6 games will all be buy games. UCONN twice probably replaces the home/road games scheduled with Florida and Ole Miss.

Hopefully 8-3 non-conference and 9-11 in conference and get NIT bid and win a couple games and get freshmen some run in NIT so they experience a tournament setting in their freshmen year.

Can see us beating K. State and USF and likely lose to MSU or other Big Ten opponent, loss to IU and split in Ft Myers. Hopefully we win all our buy games as with 4 experienced players I think we should be able to defeat any team with RPI over 200. We may see someone like Wofford last year in the 150 range that could be an upset early in the year.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  7. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,695
    I would guess with the addition of Connecticut only the top 5 would get 1st rd byes in the BE tourney & you’d have 3 wed games w/ 8/9, 7/10, & 6/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

dawgsrock, Sidd Finch and willisbrown like this.
  8. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,065
    Two less non-con games. 6-4. Losses to Mich St, Wisc or Colorado, IU and a dud. 8-12 in conference. Hopefully we can steal a few and end the year above .500. Go Dawgs.

IndieDawg likes this.
  9. NCJon

Money:
    $7,883
    I put a little caveat on the Michigan State entry. I have seen a couple of sites treating it as certain, but I can't find anything official. I'm going to leave it in for now.

FriarDawg and jkcdawgs like this.
  10. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,726
    Will there be a season? That is the big question. Hopefully yes, but who knows.

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,906
    I just hope that all our non-con games in Hinkle are easy wins. Gotta keep the streak!

ButlerNut, BUcheer and jkcdawgs like this.
  12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,220
    Why do you keep posing this question in every single thread that mentions next season? We get it, you think it might not happen.

2xDawg, willisbrown, BigHoss and 2 others like this.
  13. jkcdawgs

Money:
    $2,065
    Blocked. Can’t handle it anymore.

Shimmy, willisbrown and UDDawg like this.
  14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,146
    Yes, if you remember how the big ten was when they added the 11th, that's how it should be with the big east. 20 game big east season is going to be intense.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  15. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $405
    For old school SNL followers I don’t need “Debbie Downers”, in every thread on this website.

For my mental health I’m looking to this website for “good old clean fun” healthy discussion of BU basketball that has been a passion of mine since the mid ‘90’s and a fan since 1980 when I set foot on campus as a stary-eyed freshmen.

I go into the thread of COVID-19 thread once every day or two to wish people well/prayer for people who have had this thing hit closer to home than it has for me up to this point.

Please for my mental health stick to the topic of the thread.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

BoyGeoff, Shimmy, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  16. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,111
    You do know that 200,000,000 people died during the Bubonic plague...

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $290
    I think the real question is... if Jordan Tucker comes back, will he be eligible for the IU game?

18. NCJon

Money:
    $7,883
    I think it's after that game. Not sure.

znelson15, Tentozen, DawgsMD and 2 others like this.
  19. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,837
    I needed this.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Active Member

Money:
    $458
    Very nice! Then we can argue about whether or not Holtmann has lost the team!;)

knobcreekfan likes this.