2020-21 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,653
    And I didn’t know any of them either nor did any of them have me in their will.

2. Robinzine Crying

Robinzine Crying Active Member

Money:
    $351
    Yeah, Phi Delt hell week was its own special shelter in place. I remember during ours, a pledge brother was told by a girl sitting near him in class that he had something behind his ear. It was salad dressing. Eat it or wear it, scummy.

3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,679
    I was thinking about it this morning and I started wondering if schedules don't come out very late this year.

Total speculation on my part, but I imagine most of the low majors in the buy games are going to want to get paid regardless and that most of the high majors are going to want some kind of pandemic clause that lets them cancel the game without owing money if things are still bad in the fall. If that guess is right, I see that being a difficult difference to overcome.

4. NCJon

Money:
    $7,679
    Tweet is a few days old, but I've adjusted the schedule to reflect this. I think the date is tentative, but the matchup is firm as CMU is hosting the sub-regional teams.

ButlerNut likes this.
  5. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $393
    Just a fun idea for non-conference part of ‘20-‘21 season. Any chance we schedule 4 Indiana teams or Midwest to keep things more to geographic schedule. Only one we know for sure in Central Michigan which is keeping with the reduced travel distance.

Could play Purdue-FW, Evansville, Valpo. Don’t start playing until Mid-Early December.

If Ft Myers Tip Off doesn’t happen grab 4 to 8 teams from Midwest Best conferences and play regional tourney. American Athletic (Cinci, Wichita State, Memphis), Big 10, ACC (Louisville, ND ).

#60 likes this.
  6. NCJon

Money:
    $7,679
    That's an interesting thought. Regional nonconference schedules would reduce risks for the traveling teams, especially if there's no overnight stay. I'd find it enjoyable as a fan. But for all the reasons we've argued in the past, Butler doesn't have a big interest in loading up its schedule with Evansville, Valpo, Indiana St., etc. so something would have to give to make that happen.

estar20dawg likes this.
  7. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,184
    As expected, Khristian Lander has reclassified into the 2020 class for IU. On paper they should have one of their better teams of the decade with TJD returning, a strong recruiting class, and some returning pieces who have the potential to take the next step. However high expectations don't usually lead to high end success in Bloomington as of late, so we will see what happens. AT and Bryce Squared will have their hands full no doubt at the Crossroads.

8. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,653
    Based on what Jerome Powell said last night it doesn’t sound good for spectator sports.

9. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,878
    If no spectators, go retro and bring the Crossroads Classic back to it’s original home—Butler Fieldhouse;) Could get more viewership as a result.

10. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $756
    I think sports viewership will see an initial spike, but wane quickly. I think people are finding out that they don't miss sports as much as they thought they would. When they start watching and it feels different (no fans, broadcasting from home, etc.) it won't go over as well.

It's not a good situation to be in the business of expendable income right now. Especially if you rely on donors or supplemental income to support your activities - like non-revenue sports and most of major college football.

Cord cutting is going to spike - if it hasn't already. Live sports was keeping those companies alive. That, in turn, means less viewership all around. You don't have me, for instance, paying a service to stream Gonzaga vs. Pacific rather than watch it because it's the only thing on at 1am.

11. Bulldogs260

Bulldogs260 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,485
    I sure miss them. I literally watched NASCAR for like 20 minutes yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

butlerguy03 likes this.
  12. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,038
    This doesn’t apply to next season, but it’s schedule-related.

Also, this is pretty cool.

13. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,873
    Bet Butler and DePaul are excluded.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

14. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $81
    And probably St John's?

15. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,711
    Butler will be in Maui at Thanksgiving 2021, so will not be playing in the PAC 12 Gig East Challenge.

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,038
    I think it said it would be the week before Christmas. But that's usually when the Crossroads is - but who knows if that gets extended.
    But like everyone else, I wouldn't be shocked if Butler was one of the teams left out.

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,878
    Crossroads was extended through 2021. After that who knows?

18. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,711
    IU, Purdue, and ND are not keen about extending the Crossroads, 20 conference games shortens the non conference schedule. By the way Butler plays 20 Big East games
    next season, so all four schools are in the same boat. Too bad, but all good things come to an end.

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,989
    I would wager the crossroads is done after 2021.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,727
    Even if so, it has done its purpose especially for Butler. Another national stage where we've won some and competed always. Since its birth we've gone from HL to A-10 to big east. I'd hate to see it go, but, I enjoyed it while it lasted and we are better off now for it.

If it does go, I hope we take the open date to try and rekindle cincy or Louisville or Dayton.

BoyGeoff and BURph92 like this.