2020-21 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $375
    I don't think Dayton is very useful, but someone like Illinois makes sense for a lot of reasons not the least being budgetary. Lots of teams are going to be trying to find ways to fill schedules with bus-able nonconference games after the covid revenue plunge

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,535
    This would make a lot of sense. Power conference opponent less than 2 hours away in a state where a W gives you a bit of recruiting ammo to use. Butler recruited Illinois’ best player last year. Would have been nice to have him.

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,878
    Crossroads Classic is a blast and nothing sweeter than walking out of BLF with a W. I know the IU fan base doesn’t see the need to participate, but not sure why Purdue or ND would want to pull out.

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,711
    20 Conference games, schools would much rather have a winnable home game instead of a neutral floor game you could lose.

5. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,046
    Dayton, Cincinnati, Louisville and Illinois all are in that ~ 2 hour bus ride.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,873
    Go an extra hour or so and you adding Columbus, Lexington, Chicago, and Ann Arbor. Some quality competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

MSUDawg and MadDawg2020 like this.