2020 Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Feb 3, 2020.

1. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    Yup...AND a Friday night no less. I think maybe against Arkansas and South Alabama were Friday games too.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  2. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    Katz, you cray cray. Butler has 15 Q1/Q2 wins.

Shimmy, godogs91 and Hinkle Magic2 like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,106
    That was roughly a 9pm tip in Bham in 2003. I was there, it was glorious because of what happened but also my hatred for State. It was gratifying.

South Alabama in 2008 and Arkansas in 2018 were friday games, I believe mid afternoon.

And I do think Katz has lost his marbles, at worst we'll be a 6 I'd think.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  4. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,643
    Katz is always looking for a way to show his Big 10/ACC bias, he'll never admit it, but it's there

godogs91 likes this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,106
    It may be time for someone smart to start the invite/chatter of a bracket challenge like last year.

godogs91 likes this.
  6. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,849
    I think you just did!

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,106
    If memory serves Estar created it last year. I hope he'll do it again. Even though my bracket was blown to holy hell pretty quickly last year, I had a blast with it facing off with all you knuckleheads.

8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,643
  9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,833
    I think most brackets from now on will blow up fairly quickly. I’m tempted to put teams on paper into a hat and just draw out the winners. I bet I would do fairly well.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

joliebeth23, UDDawg and godogs91 like this.
  10. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,106
    Yeah this year may be even more carnage than last year. Plus everyone has corona so it'll get real weird.

11. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $682
    At least Mercury won't be in retrograde when you pick your losing bracket.

willisbrown likes this.
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,606
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,193
    #19 in the NET update this morning. We could use some help from Marquette (#26) and Florida (#28) on Thursday or our Q1 home wins will potentially fall to Q2. Florida has a bye/don't know who they play yet and Marquette has Seton Hall. If Minnesota (#44) wins against Northwestern in the B1G tournament, that could potentially lock our Q2 home win in.

14. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,669
    Yeah, a lot going to depend on how teams around them perform. Florida plays the winner of Georgia/Ole Miss and will be favored. MN will remain Q2 no matter what (unless they somehow win the tourney then it might be close to 30) since they just have to stay inside 75. Marquette will likely lose but I think will likely still remain in top 30. Here are the teams around NET 30, with a lot from the Big 10:

24-Wis, 25-Mich, 27-Auburn, 29-LSU, 30-St Mary's, 31-Stanford, 32- Rutgers 33-Purdue 34-Iowa, 35-PSU

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,106
    Not sure where to put this buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

The Ivy league just canceled their tournaments. Regular season champs get in. I really, really hope this is just them overreacting, trying to be the smartest kid in the room, vs a domino because of the pacificocoronatecatemodelo virus. Conference tourney week and March Madness are such amazing events. Call me selfish but I really hope this is a one off and we don't see further events getting canceled.

16. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,384
    Wasn't the Ivy League the last to adopt a conference tournament?

17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    Honestly, I'd say it's likely due to their high concentration of foreign alumni and students. As mentioned above, it's not like the Ivy tourney has a long history either.

18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,606

No CBI. Not sure why teams accepted invites anyway...other than another game for the team. But it was pretty cost prohibitive.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

Staxawax likes this.
  19. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $681
    Likely the end of the CBI. Imagine it would be difficult to convince schools that it will be back.

20. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $706
    Title would have us believe that we were just a couple losses away from being denied this CBI opportunity.

NCJon, #60, ButlerNut and 3 others like this.