2020 Bracketology

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, Feb 3, 2020.

1. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,468
    I’d love to say we were a lock but 7-11 and loss in BET don’t think we are a lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,960
    In actuality I agree with you, though I still think we’d have a really good chance.

I guess the point should be that Title saying we’re an nit team assures us of winning enough games to become a lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

DawgsMD likes this.
  3. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,699
    Title should start a "Stone Cold Take of the Day". He would have to look no further than his own posts and tweets. Ever.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,560
    You’d think a guy who has been so consistently wrong for nearly a decade would stop making predictions.

Shimmy and godogs91 like this.
  5. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $943
    A masochist, I guess.

Shimmy, DawgsMD and BulldogsAllTheWay like this.
  6. FRENCH DAWG

FRENCH DAWG Active Member

Money:
    $496
    All conjectures about seeding don’t matter. Dawgs are going 6-0 in NCAA tourney.

#DawgsWillWin.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  7. dawg767

dawg767 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $531
    If I had to bet, I'd say we're probably still in even if we lose out, especially if you look at the dregs on the Bubble now. We'd still finish 19-13 with 13 Q1/2 wins.

But this is silly speculation. Safe to say a G-town win tomorrow definitely punches ticket.

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,509
    I don't want to lose out, but, looking at that bubble line, it's pretty putrid so we could still sneak in. But that won't happen, so...

Lumardi has us on the 4 line playing SFA in STL with the winner mostly likely playing Michigan St. Not the worst thing ever.

Palm has us on the 5 line also playing SFA.

Both have SH as a 3 and Nova as a 4.

2xDawg likes this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    Conference records are meaningful only to the extent they affect overall record. If we’d gone 10-3 in the non con and 9-9 in the Big East, that’d somehow make us all feel better about our chances than 12-1 and 7-11 but it’d more or less be the same.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

Jared Grubbs likes this.
  10. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $314
    What I said is Butler does not have enough wins on the schedule left to make the NCAA Tournament if they lost the games this week,

So you can **** right off with that. That is definitively not what I said. Christ, if they win both and THEN lose the rest, it would be close.

Hopefully they aren't as outmatched by the athleticism of St Johns and DePaul as before, because you can pretty much just punt @ CU / XU / SH

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,986
    No, you said they had to win both this week to make it, not “they can’t lose both.” The former posits that you have to win both; the latter that you need to win at least one. Do you get how that works? You’re either moving the goalposts because you get how stupid of a statement that was, or you don’t understand how language works.

SnoopDawg, Tentozen, 2xDawg and 4 others like this.
  12. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $456
    Which means we will win 1 or maybe even 2 of those games. Its the way Title predictions roll!!!!

Shimmy, Sidd Finch and godogs91 like this.
  13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,960
    I will **** right on with that, actually.

SnoopDawg, Shimmy and godogs91 like this.
  14. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,960

Ps definitely is a way better word choice than definitively in that context. It’s highly unconvincing when you award yourself authority.

Shimmy likes this.
  15. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,077
    Pretty sure he does, but he certainly acts like he doesn't.

Shimmy and dawgs2014 like this.
  16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $2,960
    I think if we finished with those results but not on a 7 game losing streak or whatever it would be then you’re right, but I think the exact conditions of how we’d get to that record would sour our name enough it may matter. I know it’s not supposed to matter but humans make the final call.

IndyDawgs likes this.
  17. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,560
    Lol classic Title. Makes outrageous prediction then tells everyone how he isn’t wrong but is actually correct. Some things never change.

Brust to Butler is a lock! Never forget!

Shimmy, Sidd Finch, MIBulldog and 2 others like this.
  18. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,911
    Now that you are back posting I notice your Sesame Street posters have gone silent. Ventriloquism can be challenging...

butlerguy03, Shimmy, godogs91 and 2 others like this.
  19. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,053
    I am guessing that seven seed will come more into play with this team
    After today unless we have some crazy luck and win at seton hall or Creighton

Once I take a breath a seven seed is better than the no seed I thought we would get this year

2xDawg and cornette33 like this.
  20. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,540
    If Butler doesn't get Thompson back and with Golden probably headed to concussion procedure it will be tough to win from here on, nothing is guaranteed.