2020 Media Day Updates

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,454
    Butler picked eighth for the second straight year.

Marcus Zegarowski unsurprisingly preseason POTY and Dawson Garcia as FOTY.

Bryce Nze named to the preseason Second Team All-Conference

First three conference games will come against St. John's, Villanova, and Providence.

Will try to continue posting updates on here today, but otherwise I will be tweeting through the event.

bumba, ButlerNut and 2xDawg like this.
  2. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,267
  3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    Butler at Nova followed by BU v. IU three days later isn’t great. But of course everyone will say it’s a “home game” ‘cause Indianapolis.:rolleyes:

ButlerNut likes this.
  4. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,093
    I have a close relative that tested Collier for Covid earlier this week at one of the “drive-up” locations near Butler. If the AD isn’t getting tested multiple times per week on campus, things don’t look good for the season IMO. It makes me wonder how regularly the players and staff are getting tested at all schools across the league. Does the BE have any protocols in place?

The scheduling seems a little reckless to me. I figured they would try to have a team go to a school and play two games in a weekend, against two different schools. We’ll see what happens.

5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,454
    Officially no Gavitt Games. Big 12/Big East Challenge is still on.

6. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,454

Yogi likes this.
  7. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,454

That's all I was able to write down during the interview period. Will add more quotes when writing for the Hark's Bark tonight. AT and Nze later today.

Ben Duffin and ButlerNut like this.
  8. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,310
    Was told before official practice started that the team/staff was getting tested 3 times a week and it would increase when games started but details to be worked out through BE. Not sure why Barry would need to get tested that often—I don’t think he’s scrimmaging:)

9. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,454

I also asked Aaron about how the newcomers are adjusting defensively but wasn't able to copy down the quote as I wanted to also ask about the wrist. I'll try to get that quote in here later (it'll be in the hark's bark if not)

10. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,614
    Many thanks for posting all the updates, Lukas.

11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $3,454
    Been a hectic last couple of days. Will have the Hark's Bark that contains both my media day reaction as well as the Q&A up tomorrow morning. Still want to watch a couple more full Chuck Harris games before writing my preseason breakdown on him but that will be coming soon as well. Season is creeping up in a hurry - almost done with a big real-work project so I won't be as exhausted at the end of the days moving forward. Have a lot of stuff planned for the coming month.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.