2020 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Sep 16, 2019.

1. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,855
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...ollege-basketball-rankings-2019-20-version-20

I read the whole thing. I don’t agree with a lot of it. Bilas equates “good” basketball with offense and scoring. Scoring is his only measure to determine good teams. Then he ranks the Dawgs out of the top 10.

Someone posted this Bilas Bias in a different thread. I also noted he compared this year to 2010 and 2011 (I don’t remember who played in the NCAAT championship those years) as having no great teams because defenders are getting away with fouling.

And, the icing on the cake was the oh-so-obvious bias of ranking Duke #1.

Bilas can kiss my ass.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60, SpartanDawgs, godogs91 and 3 others like this.
  2. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,855
    And one more thing about the Bilas article. Why does he keep referring to the "Power 5" conferences? Jay, this isn't football. The Big East is arguably the best conference, and you aren't including them in your analysis. Do you even know the Big East is a conference?

Sidd Finch likes this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,321
    Katz tweeted earlier (I think I read this right) that the big east is indeed his number 1 ranked toughest conference.

I think there are 7 very good conferences out there. A lot of people sell the AAC short, honey they got some pretty damn good teams in there. Rothstein also made the point this week that rankings...whatever. Tons of parity and it will be all about match ups come March. Pretty much anyone can rise up and win this thing in what I consider the 7 best conferences in hoops.

4. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,317
    I've actually been a pretty big Bilas fan for a while, but he's become pretty insufferable the past few seasons. I think working for the soul-sucking corporate machine that is ESPN changes people and he's starting to turn into a cartoon, much like many of their on-air personalities. Bilas will be the next Dick Vitale, mark my words. He already has the Duke bias down, so he's like 50% of the way there.

5. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    Bilas is an arrogant "SOB".

6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,820
  7. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,803
  8. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,855
    fan likes this.
  9. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,573
    Based on this latest edition of Bracketology, the Midwest looks like the easiest of the regions based on the matchups. I'm sure a lot of teams are saying the same thing when they see Butler as the number one seed.
    Alas, there is still a lot of basketball to play, before selection Sunday...

10. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,820
    Correct. Some wins dropped to Q2 and SDSU/Baylor picked up big Ws.

2xDawg likes this.
  11. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    and the number one ranked team is to receive the easiest or least difficult region

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Interesting to watch a game between two opponents that you want both to lose like Ohio State and IU.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,632
    Exactly. I feel so torn.

14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,809
    Cheering for the massive sinkhole under Assembly Hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,354
    The world would instantly be a better place

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Ohio State has lost four in a row and today looked like a team that can lose a lot more games. Kyle Young didn’t do much of anything.

17. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,809
    FOX just showed a graphic of Mike DeCourcey’s BE teams and seeding in his current bracket and has Butler as a 3 seed. What the heck is he smoking?

18. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,809
    FOX just showed a graphic of Mike DeCourcey’s BE teams and seeding in his current bracket and has Butler as a 3 seed. What the heck is he smoking?

DawgsMD likes this.
  19. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,148
    The regions are supposed to be balanced, so that no region is "easiest". The #1 ranked team is supposed to play in the region closest to home.

20. fan

fan Active Member

Money:
    $176
    that makes sense; I can become a tad too exuberant