2020 NCAA Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $434
    I saw that as well and was "disappointed" (note the parental tone). Having said that, given the national media's general lack of insight into Butler Basketball specifically, or the BE generally, I wasn't "surprised". This team will not get much media respect until and unless they make the Final 4.

Speaking of Media attention, I am still amazed that WTHR-13 will send Tiffany Tannebaum to B-Town to cover the Hoosiers, put up 3 min exclusive from B-Town but can't put up 30 secs of Butler video following huge wins. So if the Indy local media generally ignores the team, why should we expect anything different from the ESPN types?

2. ButlerFan89

ButlerFan89 Member

Money:
    $61
    Decourcey lives in Indy now, Just FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Geoffrey Bannister

Geoffrey Bannister Member

Money:
    $65
    You should have been here 30 years ago...we partied when our scores were reported.

4. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,070
    Vegas now has us with 18-1 odds to win the National Championship... for comparison, Baylor is 20-1. Let that sink in for a minute. Also, this is a really good indication that the people with the best information and analytic capacity (albeit still imperfect) don’t think we are going anywhere. They expect us to win the league and get a very high seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

jal8908 likes this.
  5. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $791
    And I got us at 250-1 in late September!

#60, troggy and BoyGeoff like this.
  6. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,449
    Even $10 would sure be a nice payday.

For all the gamblers out there, a friendly reminder from the resident accountant - don’t forget to itemize your gambling losses to offset your reportable gambling winnings.

7. kac12568

kac12568 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,037
  8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,619
    It appears that Lunardi thinks that each region should only be made up of teams from that region! LOL

Not 100% accurate, but it looks like a lot of teams seeded lower than 2 are getting some favorable locations.

SpartanDawgs likes this.
  9. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,743
    After the second or third game I got us at +4500 to make the F4.

DawgsMD likes this.
  10. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $791
    And what’s even better, I put down a 100.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  11. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,514
    Now that the regular-season is essentially halfway complete, I just launched my other weekly bracketology piece, which is my bubble watch. Since this is the first edition of the season, I included words on all of the teams that I consider "locks" as well as those that might be in danger (Butler is one of the locks). It covers ~70 teams and is ~9000 words if anyone wants an overview of where things stand. Every week will have a slightly shorter version with more locks and fewer bubble teams.

https://bustingbrackets.com/2020/01/15/bracketology-bubble-watch-duke-baylor-assigned-early-lock-status/

dawg767 and ButlerNut like this.
  12. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,619
  13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,742
    ButlerNut, bmradio99 and PharmDDawg like this.
  14. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,732
    NET update this morning has us at #7. Nova is #17 for giggles and DePaul is #51 as a road game measuring stick (they look like a March Madness team on paper. 4-1 in Q1 right now).

Our average NET opponent is still in the Top 50 but our Q1 is now 2-3 (meh). 7-0 in Q2. Hope we're clinging to a #2 seed in either St. Louis or Cleveland. Lots of fans would make either of those trips & it would be rowdy as hell.

15. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $397
    Gotta right the ship soon or those are pipe dreams!

bumba likes this.
  16. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,459
    playing with bartorvik T-Rank, here are some projections for the rest of the season and our NCAA tournament seeding/hopes (without factoring in conference tourney)

1) only lose away at Seton Hall (we are favored in all but this game). First 2 seed with 15-3 conference record.
    2) win remaining games at home and lose away to Nova, Marquette, SH, Creighton. 3 seed with a 12-6 conference record.
    3) win no more away games and lose at home to Nova and Marquette. 6 seed with 8-10 conference record.
    4) Same as 2 but also lose at home to Depaul and Providence 8 seed with 6-12 conference record.
    5) Only win home against Xavier and Georgetown last 4 byes with 5-13 conference record
    6) Only win home against Xavier. 5th team out of tournament with 4-14 conference record

I don't necessarily buy that the committee would put us in with a 5-13 conference record (even if they say that it doesn't matter) but I think this exercise goes to show you how much of a cushion we have built up with our fantastic start. Don't panic.

17. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,353
    I think somewhere in between your “2” and “3” scenarios is where we’ll end up.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app