2020 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by jkcdawgs, Mar 20, 2020.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,186
    If the NBA scouts told Myles Powell last season to go back to school, JT will be back.

dawgy dawgy likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    Not at Butler. If he were to return I'd be as shocked as if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet.

3. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    If he returns it will almost certainly be to Butler.

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,086
    You missed my Xmas Vacation reference, dumb dumb.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    Got the reference, Eddie. Sure seemed like you were trying to say there was no chance it’d be Butler if he did return, though.

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,086
    I personally do not think he will be. JMO. But, I had to throw out the xmas vacay to try and give a grin. You know how much I love Tuck, I'm bummed as holy hell.

7. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,262
    What’s the impact on recruiting between winning 2 games in conference and 6? If you can recruit you can recruit, if you can’t.

“We were bad, but not that bad” isn’t a good sell.

Besides, if Lavall is gonna turn it around after next year, he’s already going to have signed all the guys who are going to accomplish that by the time any games are going to be played.

If you want to make the case that winning 6 means fewer guys are unhappy and want to transfer, that’s a reasonable case, but I still think it’s pretty weak.
    Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. dawgs2014

Money:
    $3,262
    I agree with your assessment but there are an extremely limited number of transfers like this in college basketball in any year. Realistically getting multiple to Butler that can play next year is a big long shot.

I’d love to be wrong.

9. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,009
    There are actually a lot out there. Whether we can get one or two is another question.

10. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $938
    If he doesn't like school then he doesn't like school. I gotta imagine an offseason and a senior year would do him wonders though. I think it's realistic to think he can put up 20 ppg next year if he gets better at driving and finishing at the rim.

11. Shark

Shark Member

Money:
    $104
    20 ppg is RIDICULOUSLY hard, and I don't think that's a realistic expectation for JT if he comes back. And I mean that with no disrespect to Jordan.

Kamar was an exceptional player who had unlimited freedom to shoot and the entire offense ran through him the last 5 minutes of every close game:

Kamar averaged 16.2 ppg this year.

UDDawg likes this.
  12. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,661
    Prediction: He will not be back and I bet LaVall and staff know it!

dippper61 likes this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,254
    Whoever we bring in, needs to come from a culture of winning. The guys we currently have and the guys that are coming in are all about winning. I don't want someone who put up numbers on a team that lost a lot or won't defend the way we need. How this group comes together in years 2 - 4 is where we have our chance to start doing things of significance again and I don't want anything to do with anything that might derail from that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

MIBulldog and cornette33 like this.
  14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $938
    Okay, 20 might have been a stretch, but I don't think 15 is. Tucker averaged 9 in 20 minutes. Giving him another 10 minutes alone puts him at 13.5. Not to mention he'll have more opportunities to score and he should get better this offseason.

Shark likes this.
  15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,641
    Just out of curiosity why should he get better?? Another year older doesn't mean he's going to get better look at Goodin for Xavier this year, he was absolutely horrendous. You have to actually put in the hard work like a McD

16. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,116
    Up to this point Tuck has not shown the consistency to be able to produce those types of numbers. It would be highly debatable and may well be a moot point at this juncture.

17. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    I bet Kamar playec hurt during stretches of the season which affected his performance.

2xDawg likes this.
  18. dawgs2014

Money:
    $3,262
    There was a tweet a couple days ago, I forgot who tweeted it, but it said there were like 18 players who transferred from mid majors to high majors after averaging doubled digits in 2018-2019 and were immediately eligible.

Of those players, none averaged double digits this year.

There are always good transfers, but immediately eligible players are rarely very impactful.

19. dawgs2014

Money:
    $3,262
    I don’t think work was the problem for Tucker. If he were able to finish he would basically be a similar player to what kelan was as a junior. I don’t think not being able to finish at the rim is a reflection of a lack of work ethic as much as a lack of toughness and/or strength.

20. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,690
    Maybe it’s all part of what we call “finishing,” but his ball handling is pretty awful inside the three point line, whereas kelan protected it exceptionally well.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well