2020 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 2, 2020.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,679
    Is there some inside joke I'm missing here about Borzello? Bailey literally said: "After counseling with my family, I have decided to forgo my junior and senior years and pursue a career in professional basketball."

2. huss587

huss587 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $458
    I’d love for us to land Smith A) He went to my HS and it would be fun to cheer for him as a Bulldog B) He’s legit athletic and would make our lineup better wherever you’d put him

FWIW he and Jalen Brunson were HS teammates, so I’d assume he’s not entirely unfamiliar with Nova....

C) The last point was mostly to low-key brag about my HS... Of which I had graduated from not quite 10 years before they played and had zero to do with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnoopDawg likes this.
  3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,276
    Because I'm bored and it's definitive that Tucker is gone. I'm scrolling through some immediately eligible wings that haven't committed. Justin Smith from IU is my obvious #1. Brian Patrick would be my #2. Jalen probably isn't a good fit and can't transfer here anyway. The other two I'm not sure are upgrades over Hastings and Frosh.

Basically, there aren't many left, but the good news is that new ones can pop up any day (I.E. Justin Smith).

Others that are IE:

Maxime Boursiquot could be an interesting add for a season. 6'5 G/F immediately eligible. Northeastern. 9 ppg, 5 rebounds

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/4067308/maxime-boursiquot

Jalen Coleman-Lands would be nice, but I doubt he can transfer within the Big East. Immediately eligible. 6'4, from Indianapolis

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3911842/jalen-coleman-lands

Jake Killingsworth. 6'5 wing from Columbia. 7.4 ppg, 5.4 reb, 1.6 assist. Shot 40% from 3 on 114 attempts in his sophomore year, 32% on more last year.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4066807/jake-killingsworth

Brian Patrick. 6'5 G/F. 11.1 ppg, 3 reb, 1 assist. 35% 3 point shooting. All in 24 MPG. Purdue Fort Wayne.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/4066302/brian-patrick

dawg767 likes this.
  4. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $816

Thanks for compiling. A huge pass on JC-L, but don't really think Lavall would even consider sniffing on a 6th year, 3-transfer, Me-1st bricklayer.

SnoopDawg likes this.
  5. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $130
    As an IU fan as well as a Butler fan I find it interesting that so many people love Justin Smith. He doesn't remind me of the player that so many people consider the Butler prototype.Talent wise he is one of the better players available but he doesn't remind me of a Butler guy.

ConnersvilleBulldog and Hinkle like this.
  6. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $130
    Jalen Coleman Lands is still in college? The kid has to be working on a PHD by now

SnoopDawg likes this.
  7. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,090
    There is quite a demand for basketball players overseas, New Zealand, China, Croatia and dozens more, you can make a living playing in those places - going pro doesn't neccesarily mean he thinks he can play for the Celtics.

Sidd Finch and MilkSteak like this.
  8. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,464
    +1.

Everyone (including young players) really underestimates the appeal of playing overseas. Entry-level players can regularly make 50-60k/year in their first contract. Living expenses are often paid for, and sometimes there are big tax incentives awarded to players. If you are a single, 21-year-old, think about how much fun it would be to go over there for a few years and make some decent money playing the sport you love. Most of your friends are back home in the states working entry-level jobs or attending college and are broke as hell, and you're touring Europe and making some decent money. If you have a really successful career in Europe, you can even make 7-figures.

KCbufan21, bwesson15 and MSUDawg like this.
  9. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,090
    Also it is clear that not everybody is well suited to sitting in a classroom - so go do what you want to do...

bwesson15, bobbu64 and MilkSteak like this.
  10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,655
    Totally agree on playing in Europe. It’s got to be a lot of fun. My one thought is will there be Euro Leagues this year?

11. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,276
    I think at this point we are beyond looking for a "Butler prototype". I think many of us see him as a Butler guy because he plays tough defense, he's scrappy, and he's familiar with the state of Indiana. I also think many of us want him because he fits an obvious void left by Tucker and Sean on the wing. He may not be able to shoot like them, but he's definitely an upgrade defensively over Tucker and will be a nice rebounder. His body is more than Big East ready and getting him would allow our freshmen a little more time to develop. I personally think we are probably a tourney team as is, but I think with Smith it's no doubt.

willisbrown likes this.
  12. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $130
    Justin Smith is very athletic and I will agree he would be a defensive upgrade over Tucker. That alone would be worth having him for a year. I like the kid but he couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. People point to his rebounding but the kid misses a lot block outs. Interesting to see how we evaluate our own players compared to players from other teams.

2xDawg likes this.
  13. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,183
  14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,726
    Because of course we won't. So frustrating. He's in the GD backyard. So damn Frustrating. We should have been the first call.

Purdue reached out, ND reached out...why can't we at least lob a call and see what's what? This staff drives me to the birds and back sometimes.

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,948
    Yes cause clearly the staff knows less than you... Anytime you want to feel free not to give your OPINIONS that's be A OK. He's really not a good player or for for us

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,237
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,726
    But he's good enough for plenty high level d-1 programs, but just not good enough for us? C'mon, this butler snobbery needs to quit. He's a damn fine player and could help us immensely. The only reason you or anyone else has that opinion is because LaVall isn't interested and God forbid any of you go against your lord and savior.

We have a spot and he's pretty damn good. But if the holy one passes God forbid anyone question it.

dippper61, KCbufan21 and SnoopDawg like this.
  18. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,103
    Georgetown reached out and Ewing is Covid 19 positive. That says something.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,948
    I guess my definition of damn good is really different than yours... As someone who only watches basketball in the south, allow me to say as someone who watches northern basketball I don't want him and his average offensive efficiency who shoots a career 25% from 3 and 61% from the free throw line and a below average efficiency defensive player. Hard, hard pass

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg, Tentozen and BoyGeoff like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $8,726
    He's far from perfect. I will not argue that point. But he fills a need right now. Worst case he's a 10 and 5 guy soaking up 25-28 minutes a game. Is that so bad?

It would be worth a shot. There is one unless though that I will say...there are rumors flying around these parts that with Forbes' departure the ncaa may grant immediate eligibility to etsu transfers. I call BS on that but it's out there. If we are really on Hodges and Hodges can play right away, I'd take him over Smith. I just can't believe that is the case.

SnoopDawg likes this.