2020 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 2, 2020.

1. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,209
    upload_2020-5-26_8-50-44.png

Attached Files:

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,313
    Whispers have it that if you play for a school in NY or NJ and wish to leave, you will get a waiver no matter because of the corona. Not sure if true or not but kinda makes sense. Although, NJ is allowing sports teams to get back to work, NY to do the same. So, not sure. Just the dustings of the rumor mill. Still though, this hurts SJU...dude was a head case at times but pretty damn good.

3. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,261
    Willis, you have said you back the leader of our country, no matter what. I think it's fair to say you have no hesitancy to criticize the leader of the Butler basketball program. I'm fairly sure you believe those two things, standing side by side, make perfect sense, so let me hear how that is.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
    Last edited: May 28, 2020
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    Doyle essentially said he (Doyle) is a jerk. No argument here. What he said about Tucker and some of the other kids was uncalled for and frankly wrong.

6. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
    I assume that you meant that he said that Beilein (rather than Doyel) is a jerk. With regard to what he said about "some of the other kids", the way I read it, he essentially was fine with all of the other kids; in fact, he thought they were doing the right thing by transferring, and he was all in favor. I believe the only player that he said anything negative about was Tucker, who he thought had no shot at making the NBA. That's certainly a sentiment that's been expressed many times on this board. I hope JT proves us all wrong, but the assertion isn't particularly controversial. People have lots of reasons for disliking Doyel, but I didn't think this column was particularly objectionable, unless you happen to be a John Beilein fan.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  7. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $953
    Boy, between Woods, Doyel and that Fort Wayne guy, we on this board sure are hard on the local Butler BB beat writers. Is there anybody we approve of? (Other than Lukas, of course;))

bumba likes this.
  8. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,499
    Zak Keefer was really good before the Star moved him to the Colts beat. Then we got stuck with he who must not be named.

I like what Dustin Dopirak has been doing at the Athletic, even with having to cover all the Indiana teams for them.

BUcheer, willisbrown, bumba and 5 others like this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    You must have missed the Michael Pointer experiment. Now that was ugly.

10. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $670
    So much mutual disdain between Butler fans and Pointer.

bumba and MilkSteak like this.
  11. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,511
    Ugh. That was an absolute trainwreck. IIRC, he was only on the beat for like one season because it was such a disaster.

bumba likes this.
  12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    Agree, I can remember him literally fighting with BU fans on Twitter. It was surreal.

MilkSteak likes this.
  13. Shark

Shark Member

Money:
    $147
    And EMAIL. In one tweet he ASKED Butler fans for quesions. I sent him one by email that he didn't want to ask. Instead of just not responding-he responded telling me my question was inappropriate.

Then why ask? And why respond???

bumba likes this.
  14. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Not that we have a scholarship available, but I thought this one was interesting. If we did have a scholarship available I'd sure want him, but I do question if he even cares about college. Dude would be an incredible replacement for AT once he graduates. Again, we don't have a scholarship so it's not even a possible reality, but he's a 2020 transfer so I'm posting it here.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...drew-nembhard-exit-nba-draft-transfer-florida

15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
  16. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,230
    I have a feeling Gonzaga will be pretty involved here. Makes almost perfect sense for playing style fit and need for 21-22.

estar20dawg likes this.
  17. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
  18. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,501
    Where is the face palm emjoi?

UDDawg likes this.
  19. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,169

Still holds true that DePaul has an open spot...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  20. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,513
    Regarding Eastern, feels like there can't be that many high caliber programs with open schollies at this point, right?

Not sure whether it's entirely his fault, Howard's, or UM admissions for not fully checking earlier.