2020 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,916
    Wonder what was his major

2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    I have a hard time believing his explanation. It could be true but I’ve never heard of credit quotas as an admission requirement.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

SnoopDawg likes this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    It's definitely suspect, at best.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    Where there's smoke, there's fire?

5. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,158
    I have no idea if Eastern is just using that as an excuse, but it is a legitimate reason athletically. You have to maintain the minimum of 12 credit hours per semester to be eligible for athletics. So if, for some reason, some of his credits didn't transfer and he fell below the 12 credits/semester, he wouldn't be eligible.

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    That does make sense-but he has to redshirt anyways so does eligibility matter? Does anyone know how that works?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,158
    He wouldn't be able to be on the roster receiving athletic money until he were eligible. Would also mean he may have a huge course load to try and catch up depending on how many credits short he was to begin with.

8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,692
    The credit thing doesn't make much sense to me, either, on first pass. But I transferred as an undergrad and do know that transfer credits can get really ****ing weird especially if the two schools don't have similar curricula. I went from an engineering school (and that was my major) to a university without an engineering school. They gave me a lot of "general' credits but a fair number of my courses didn't line up or weren't directly transferable. The university I graduated from also had a hard cap on the number of credits you could get - as in, you had to fulfill all your degree requirements within that hard cap or leave the university without a degree.

Coming over with all the engineering classes actually made it really difficult to fulfill all my degree requirements without busting the cap. Just an anecdote about how weird transfer credits can get. I would expect going from Purdue to Michigan to be fairly smooth since they have a ton of similar programs. But who knows without seeing his transcript.

9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  10. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,065
    Yay Go Zags!

Few has had a lot of success with Canadians - Sacre, Olynyk, Pangos.

This kid will need to shoot better from deep to really thrive in their system of ridiculous offensive efficiency.

11. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,209
    Wiltjer as well...he really turned into a stud once he got to Spokane from Lexington.

12. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    I thought he was from Oregon?

13. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    Ah, looked it up. He’s both. Wiltjer is like me - a dual US/Canadian citizen.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    You played basketball at Kentucky?? :eek:

EDIT: I hadn't read the full conversation, so I now realize my comment was even dumber than intended. My bad.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
    ButlerNut and dawgs2014 like this.
  15. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $1,209
    LOL welcome to the club...I am as well.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  16. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

shoeevv likes this.
  17. CarmelDawg23

Money:
    $1,209
    With how thin UK is going to up front this season, if PSU is taller than 6'6, maybe Calipari dropped a "bag" off at his house and now he's on the team.

2xDawg and UDDawg like this.
  18. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $16,065
    Unfortunately, I’m only 6’3. I could definitely play the undersized, big-bodied enforcer role, however.

19. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $529
    Can do everything. Would be a nice addition to this years team, but looks to be a sit 1, play 2. Undersized, Stanley plays much bigger. Willing to mix it up inside.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.56.15 AM.png

20. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    Would love to add this guy, but we are out of schollies right now.