2020 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by jkcdawgs, Mar 20, 2020.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $938
    I guess I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't care if he left. No offense to the guy, but just looking at it from a wanting to win perspective. He's going to use scholarships for the next 2 years if he doesn't play next year. If he does play next year, then he probably won't be very effective and would only play for part of the season.

Beyond that, he's been at Butler for 3 (2.5?) years. He hasn't done anything noteworthy in my book other than the wide open three to win the game against whoever it was in the beginning of the season. He's also a pretty good rebounder given how few minutes he had been getting per game. Do we even think a senior David is that much better than a freshman Coles or Scooby? There are certainly grad transfers on the market who are better than him, but who knows if we'll land them. I love watching David on the court and love his personality, but I don't think much would be lost if he decides to transfer.

I am by no means trying to shoo (spelling?) him off, but I'm just saying I don't think we should be overly concerned if we have to move forward without him.

willisbrown, mwall787 and dawg767 like this.
  2. bicknob

bicknob Member

Money:
    $76
    willisbrown and SnoopDawg like this.
  3. dawg767

dawg767 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $706
    Hard pass on Diarra. He is talented but would be a me-first cancer to any team he goes to. Granted, KState had graduation losses this past year but the team fell apart with him at the Point and he was eventually benched by Weber.

4. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    No offense but I also wouldn’t care if David left. Who knows if he has anything in the tank after this injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Ster8462

Ster8462 Active Member

Money:
    $328
    Feels good to hit the ignore button. Second time I’ve done it.

6. dawg767

Money:
    $706
    I'm not sure you're in the minority cuz I agree with you.

It's very unfortunate all the knee issues he's had since HS. I don't think he's ever truly been 100% healthy at Butler. Given that, I think it's very wishful thinking to expect he performs at the level he did last year -- which was really only adequate TBH. Again, it's a shame about the injuries because he was a highly gifted and athletic 3/4 in HS until his first ?CL injury.

On a related note: Does anyone know if there is a chance he'll graduate early or would he be a sit-one? I'm not sure I've seen anything either way. . .

SnoopDawg likes this.
  7. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,808
    Man, the transfer market is wild. You could make a final four team with all the talent out there.

8. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,923
    Tuck’s all but gone. On Battle’s new Instagram post, he commented, “can we just have fun again?”

Tate could very easily be leading the team in scoring next season. Man, this blows.

9. dawgy dawgy

dawgy dawgy Member

Money:
    $132
    I think you’re reading to much into that. Doesn’t mean he is gone at all or has anything to do with butler.

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    I've unfortunately heard the same from various people. One, two...meh let's wait and see. 3-4...ok I'm listening.

Another reason we have to throw everything we got at a grad transfer wing and guard.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,086
    We better hope to land a couple. The freshmen are insanely talented and I believe all of Scoob, Coles and Tate can make an impact. But, they're still freshmen. We need to nail a couple immediately eligible guys. You're right, there are a ton of good options out there and lucky for us, most are guards/wings.

12. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,734
    If Tucker is gone, especially to go Pro, and please keep in mind that I think he's an extremely valuable contributor to this team, then he is getting horrible advice.

Tark43, dawgs2014, mwall787 and 6 others like this.
  13. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,238
    Tucker could be saying that cause he misses playing games. Couldn't we all say the same thing at this point?! However if it is true I would be disappointed if he went pro. He has been solid but he hasn't shown the ability to score overly consistently. He could be the "guy" here for one yr.

BoyGeoff, bu1973 and godogs91 like this.
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,734
    If you want to go to the NBA, then there are maybe three tracks:
    1) Be an elite, generational talent --> Zion Williamson
    2) Do one or two things so incredibly well to the degree that a team keeps you to do only those things --> Birdman Anderson, Steve Novak, Ben Wallace
    3) Be a wing-size player who can play "3 and D" --> this is the route Kelan is trying to do right now

Tucker is a good college defender at this point, and for all this attempts, is a pretty average three point shooter. Don't get me wrong, he's a rock solid college player. Strongly want him on the team next year!

But he does not do the things he does well at the level it takes to play in the NBA. Not even close. There are 30+ guys like him every year. One injury, one missed offseason, and it's over.

If he really hates college and wants to get paid, god bless him. But if he thinks that his production at this point is about to get him to the League, then he's being foolish.

Tark43 and cornette33 like this.
  15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,295
    I thought he was suppose to leave last year. No one in their right mind would go overseas now. Why would he go the G League route making $25,000 a year.

Sidd Finch likes this.
  16. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $767
    He is certainly not in the same league as Kelan Martin ( similar size) as far as accomplishments go, and Kelan is just holding onto his NBA dream. Tucker made good strides this year, especially on D and ball handling, but he does not finish at the rim. Another year would really help him. BTW, don't all of us wish we could just have fun again? That could mean so many different things, especially now, I am not sure I would read too much into that.

cornette33 likes this.
  17. dawg767

Money:
    $706
    I'm sure all of us have time to spare but let me save everyone some.

A Google search of 'JT, 2020 NBA Draft' and a couple variations thereof yielded absolutely nothing. Big surprise. Ya'll can have 10 minutes of your life back that I cannot.

2xDawg likes this.
  18. dawg767

Money:
    $706
    Honestly, I think JT has a better chance of making it as a male model than an NBA player right now. A disturbing take, I know -- but true.

2xDawg, dawgy dawgy and willisbrown like this.
  19. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,953
    You had to do a Google search to confirm that there's no chance in hell that Tucker gets drafted?

20. dawg767

Money:
    $706
    Yes, sad but true. Interesting search sidenote: I did find that he was #11 on Cosmopolitan magazine's ranking of NCAA future cover boys.