2021-2022 Roster

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ap234, Apr 23, 2021.

1. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $412
    1. Myles Tate 6'0 160
    2. Aaron Thompson 6'2 195
    3. Chuck Harris 6'2 190
    4. Jair Bolden 6'3 210
    5. Jayden Taylor 6'3 175
    6. Bo Hodges 6'5 210
    7. Pierce Thomas 6'6 170
    8. Scooby Johnson 6'6 230
    9. Christian David 6'6 225
    10. Bryce Nze 6'7 230
    11. DJ Hughes 6'7 200
    12. JaKobe Coles 6'7 225
    13. Ty Groce 6'8 215
    14. Myles Wilmoth 6'9 215
    15. Bryce Golden 6'9 260
    16. John-Michael Malloy 6'10 235

2xDawg likes this.
  2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    It's *almost* like versatile combo forwards have been priorities...:p

BoyGeoff, cornette33, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    Yeah I think this guy looks like a nice player, but as I said a couple days ago I’m concerned this team is still fairly one dimensional. I think we have enough talent to be a pretty good basketball team, I just don’t know if that talent works together.

Just a ton of guys who are best on offense catching the ball at the elbow in an isolation situation, and not enough guys who you really care enough about beating you from outside that you really get hot and bothered about leaving open.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,222
    I see eleven players on their I want to play and get all the minutes, which is still a lot.

Plenty of options for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,190
    This Groce pickup should easily allow DJ to RS and really get some individual work in, should take the pressure off of having to prove himself right away and get the best from him as a RS F

6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,704
    I’m really disappointed Wing McTransfer isn’t on the roster.

7. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    Agree on that.

znelson15 likes this.
  8. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $534
    Prediction as of today. What's everyone else got?

AT 30/Harris 10
    Harris 20/Bolden 20
    Hodges 28/ Scooby/Wilmoth/Thomas/Taylor 12
    Nze 13/Coles 14/Groce 13
    Golden 22/Nze 15/Groce 3

Totals
    AT 30
    Harris 30
    Nze 28
    Hodges 28
    Golden 22
    Bolden 20
    Groce 16
    Coles 14
    Scooby/Wilmoth/Thomas/Taylor 12

-Would love to see Thomas or Taylor perform well enough to cut into Bolden's minutes. I know several are already touting them and expect them to perform on Day 1, I am just always skeptical of freshman. People had high hopes for Battle two years ago, and we saw how that turned out. Each seems completely more well-rounded than Battle was, but the point remains.
    -He probably wouldn't want to, but I hope they consider a RS for Wilmoth. Yes, he got some good run last season and he provides a unique wrinkle on defense, but he's the 4th/5th big on this team. A RS could be huge for him down the line.
    -Will be interesting to see how the competition for the final spot(s) of the rotation shake out. A lot of 5th year seniors on this team, but also a lot of green talent and also players recovering from significant injuries. Do you roll with the young'ns or go with the experience?
    -I think this squad will make the NCAAT. The fact that all the seniors returned makes me think they mean business and didn't like the bad taste this season left. Honestly, I think just a season of hopefully having everyone healthy will make a huge difference. There was just no flow at all last season with all the injuries and Hodges being thrown in mid-year.

2xDawg likes this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    Hughes weighs at least 225 if not more.

10. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    Some pretty good height and athleticism right here, had no idea how big Ty really is, they are all pretty well built the 3 freshman that is.

joliebeth23, bumba and #60 like this.
  11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Yup, Ty was one of the coaches at camp on Sunday - he's very legit big. (I am also very legit short :p)

joliebeth23 likes this.
  12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $6,190
    Think it's going to be hard to keep him off the court, the dude to me and everything I've read on his story could be in for a huge year

znelson15 likes this.
  13. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,222
    Agree I think Ty could be someone who is first off the bench and I am guessing the staff has told him that.

Home and Thomas are who I am most excited to see next year for new guys

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,632
    Wasn't sure where to put this. But the first Big East preview I've seen so far has Butler at 5.

1. Nova
    2. UConn
    3. Xavier
    4. Georgetown
    5. Butler
    6. Creighton
    7. St. John's
    8. Providence
    9. Marquette
    10. Seton Hall
    11. DePaul

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  15. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,401
    Will take the preview with a grain of salt given that I don't think there's a chance that their starting lineup happens unless Tate makes a miraculous recovery and Thompson and Hodges are both hurt (they have Bolden starting at the 3). Also says that Taylor will have a tough time cracking the rotation which is definitely not the sense I get from some who have watched him, Thomas and Hughes.

I also question their rankings of some of the other teams (Butler's is pretty fair IMO), but that's always going to happen.

joliebeth23 and godogs91 like this.
  16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    I didn't read it but the order seems a little off all around us. I think we're a 4 or 5 in the conference, so I'm good there. But I think Marquette will be better than 9th with Shaka, I don't see Creighton that high due to such roster turnover...the middle is a crapshoot. Obviously they got Nova and DePaul right, but a bucket of turds could do that.

The things I've heard about Tater Tot is that his recovery is coming around big time (more than any of us expected) but even so, I don't expect him on that court come November. Maybe he's ready by big east play. That's with no set backs.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    Do we think any of our guys could be all Big East next year? AT, BO, Nze or even Groce?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    I'd give Harris and Nze the best odds.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  19. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Active Member

Money:
    $344
    Did you notice the Athletic didn't list Scooby on the team's roster....

20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    There's a lot of evidence they did very little, to almost none, research on Butler in that article. They know Villanova and UConn and the research varied from there.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app