2021-2022 Roster

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ap234, Apr 23, 2021.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,080

2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,292
    Yea like I said I saw this list yesterday when it came out, it's a head scratcher, and hopefully motivation

znelson15 likes this.
  3. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,785
    I think the ceiling of this year's team is tourney team, but the floor is much lower. With our Blue-Colored glasses, we expect, hope for more, but the fact is that even when fully healthy last season, we weren't that good. That said, we should be better if we stay healthy (big IF), but we will still be sweating on selection Sunday. We also have a pretty brutal non-conf schedule where we could legitimately be 6-5 heading into BE play through no fault of our own. Losing to MSU, OU and Purdue and going 1-2 in the Vegas Aloha is distinctly possible.

We could also be 8-3 and in both cases we could have played as well as we possibly can. Lots of unknowns this season. I'm hopeful and optimistic, but I'm also a realist.

AZRPh and znelson15 like this.
  4. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,177
    When were we healthy last season?

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,292
    I really think there wasn't a single game played last year when we were healthy so you must be quite the 5th dimensional being seeing in the multiverse, so we sucked last year even without COVID and injuries?? Damn, must be coaching...

2xDawg likes this.
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,383
    Early line out at O/U 1.5 knee injuries in the scrimmage.

I kid I kid...but please no more injuries. This schedule is a monster, I'd like to be mostly healthy.

7. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $984
    I have been getting ready for the season by watching the BE games from last season. I haven't checked all the box scores but I don't think we had the same rotatation for even 2 games in a row. Plus Thompson played with a taped up wrist until he got hurt again with 4 games left in the BE schedule. I'm wondering if just having some consistency in the rotation from game to game will make a difference. And just to make a long post even longer, I got to believe the seniors all came back because they are extremely motivated. That should count for something, right? Ok maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I'm thinking the Dawgs are underrated.

Shimmy, 2xDawg, Shane Davis and 4 others like this.
  8. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,330
    You kid, but I’d take the over 0.5 for a “significant injury” of at least 5 games.

willisbrown likes this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,369
    Early betting line for the scrimmage is blue team -7 pts.

znelson15 likes this.
  10. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,785
    So, last season is completely due to injuries and COVID? Maybe. We shall see. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I fear Chuck might struggle being the #1 option on offense and maybe the freshmen aren't ready to contribute. Perhaps that's a worst-case scenario, but you conveniently didn't address the rest of my post where our non-con record could be 6-5 at worst or 8-3 at best. At 6-5, I don't think we're dancing this season. And no dance means even more lost traction on the recruiting trail.

All of this is with a major caveat. We don't know how the fifth and sixth-year seniors will step up. Maybe Nze and Golden are men amongst boys. Maybe Aaron Thompson is completely healed and shuts down everyone. Maybe Jayden is the next Baldwin. A lot of maybes, but this is truly the first time in a long time where I have no clue what will happen. I have to believe they will be better than last season, but *shrugs*. I'm not sure of anything this season.

11. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,383
    We could very well be better than last year (especially if we stay healthy-ish) and may have a rough non con record. That schedule is brutal and very ambitious. You mentioned 8-3...I'd be jumping jack thrilled with that. Like to the moon happy.

12. ButlerGoalie

Money:
    $2,785
    Yeah, I think the ceiling is 8-3...with a floor of 6-5. Anything less than 6-5 and hot seats all around. Better than 8-3 and time to start planning the parade. Sarcasm fully intended.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,383
    I'm not a big parade guy. I'm more of a backyard kegger type. With an ice luge.

2xDawg likes this.
  14. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,289
    Ah, so we have reached the part of the preseason where Willis declares he will be ecstatic with 8-3 but then goes crazy screaming about firing Lavall after Butler ends up 9-2.

Shimmy, NCJon, DawgsMD and 3 others like this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $13,383
    Who's that little dude at the top of the key??? Hopefully this is a sign we'll see him sooner than later:

BoyGeoff likes this.
  16. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,456
    A talk needs to occur that Pierce Thomas should redshirt. Value as 5th yr Sr. >>>>> value as true freshman

seadawg likes this.
  17. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,523
    Yes. I believe it's very legit to think he should redshirt this year but still be extremely high on what he can and will become as a Dawg, especially with the roster we have.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $122
    There's someone on the bench I don't recognize. I noticed him there the last 2 games. It's possible he has been there before, but I just didn't notice. The last 2 games he's been sitting with the players, but not in uniform. Looks like a college student. In the Chaminade game he's not sitting with all the other injured players or with the coaches. He's with the players. Am I crazy? Has anyone else noticed him? I don't think it's a manager because they don't sit right in the middle of the players do they.

19. ButlerBoyz

ButlerBoyz Member

Money:
    $149
    Butler should probably make a play at Leal. I don't see how he's going to get much run on IU. If he transferred Butler would be a good fit for him