2021-22 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, May 4, 2021.

1. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,316
    Where are you seeing your tickets or even that statement? I go to my account and it says "you have no tickets to any upcoming events"

2. Choc

Choc New Member

Money:
    $7
    I had the same issue; I emailed tickets@butler.edu on Wednesday and they did something on their end and they appeared. Not sure if I just jumped the gun or if there is a bigger issue...

butlerguy03 likes this.
  3. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $736
    Yeah, my tickets still aren't in my account either. I know Joe told me it would be a few weeks after select-a- seat that they would go out, but I don't remember an exact date.

4. butlerguy03

Money:
    $2,316
    Email Joe. He had to convert mine like Choc above. All good now. He did it in about an hour after my email.

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,506
    Parking passes are probably in the mail for those of us that didn't pick them up earlier this week.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,101
    Transferring is easy and secure. Electronic is a much better way to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BoyGeoff likes this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,364
    The ticket office will print tix for those who request it in advance for a small fee. This according to Joe.

ButlerProf likes this.
  8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,414
    Go to butlersports.edu/buytickets and log in from there and they show up. I had to call the ticket office to figure it out. You can add to your wallet from there and I think transfer from your wallet (for those Apple users out there).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. butlerguy03

Money:
    $2,316
    bmradio99, NCJon and DawgsMD like this.
  10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,056
    I'm really curious what led to this move. It's not like they just got bounced from one Emmis station to another. This is changing broadcasters altogether. I mean they're still with Learfield, so is this an issue between Learfield and Emmis or is it something else?

Doesn't affect me though, since I stream when I do listen to the radio broadcast.

11. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,177
  12. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,350
    The legendary 1070 frequency in Indy went totally dark, even the 6 transmitter towers were taken down, as Emmis sold the property. AM is almost dead, so going to 1430 won’t even be noticed by most. I’m just glad through my TV provider I’m able to watch 99% of BU’s games.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  13. butlerguy03

Money:
    $2,316
    Neilsen Station Cume September 2021:
    WIBC-FM HD2 (93.1-2, 107.5, 93.5) - 115,300
    WXNT-AM (1430) - 5,600

Neilsen Radio Ratings, September 2021:
    WIBC-FM HD2 (93.1-2, 107.5, 93.5) - 5.5 - 7th in Market
    WXNT-AM (1430) - N/R

...looking at Cume, its more like 95%. That's the total number of persons reached in the local market. To my knowledge, they do not have any local personalities to talk up the Dawgs. They will rely on non-traditional fans to tune in after hearing about it on WZPL (Top 40), WNDX (Modern Rock), WJJK (Classic Hits), WNTR (Adult Contemp).

Again, Yikes.

WXNT is taking up space on the AM dial hoping to get a FM translator eventually, so Cumulus can have an additional FM.

This was likely a throw in from Learfield when Cumulus paid good money for a big public school elsewhere. No way they "outbid" Emmis for the rights.

bmradio99 likes this.
  14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,428
    Rumor is the biggest game of the year so far is at 2pm central time at hinkle field house this Saturday!!!!

Does anyon know of any online streaming the May do of the big game?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Ouch.

butlerguy03 likes this.
  16. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,177
    Sure, these absolute listener numbers look bad, but I'm really not seeing an issue here. Anyone listening to Butler basketball on the radio is searching out to listen to Butler basketball on the radio, it's not a medium that attracts new fans.

Tentozen and BoyGeoff like this.
  17. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $588
    So in the Butler Sports Link above explaining the move of live radio to 1430 WXNT-AM, the piece also mentioned live streams available on https://thevarsitynetwork.com/audioapplink or via Learfield's Varsity Network App. It appears to be free and you can sign up for live streams from ANY of the Learfield school networks.

znelson15 and willisbrown like this.
  18. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $588
    Do you think this might also be capitulation to radio being supplanted by live streams and Learfield is attempting to build up the user base of its app prior to making it "premium" content during future seasons?

19. butlerguy03

Money:
    $2,316
    It is when the local hosts don't have a reason to talk about the Dawgs. Coach Jordan will lose his weekly 15 minutes with Dakich too, unless that is separate from this deal. Like him or not, Dakich is highly listened to locally and has a decent outlet nationally during college basketball season. Morning show & JMV in afternoons now have no reason to talk Butler while teasing "tonight's game" or whatever. 115k has a lot of unconnected people that might visit Hinkle for a game. You're also missing out on a highly valuable older, wealthier audience on WIBC. Believe it or not, 90% of people still listen to radio pre-covid.

Eventually, but the very small numbers that Butler brings won't matter long-term to a streaming app, so my guess is that it's a throw in for Cumulus paying a high number for a big audience somewhere else.

bmradio99 and dawgsrock like this.
  20. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,502
    OK this CBS 1430AM station shows as broadcasting the Tiffin game on Saturday - Can I assume I will be able to get it on the Tune In app on the internet?