2021-22 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, May 4, 2021.

1. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,443
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,177
    What about during/“post” COVID? I’d also venture to guess the demographics are all aging up?

You seem to maybe be involved in the industry someway and more informed, I just don’t see a future for it outside of apps/streams.

3. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,785
    I wish Butler would live-stream the game somehow. I don't mind the radio call, but I'd much rather watch....

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,149
    I’d imagine that there’s some contractual reason that they can’t. They stream other events on YouTube, I don’t see why they would simply choose not to do that for this if they were able to.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $740
    So, did they kill the online resale market for these tickets? I have no intentions to sell, but I do see that the option to sell through Ticketmaster is grayed out and unavailable, and the digital tickets have a clause in the fine print stating that "Tickets may not be resold for an amount in excess of the face value of the ticket without the written consent of issuer."

Even as a fan that hates seeing good seats occupied by opposing fans, preventing the resale seems scummy to me.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,330
    Formerly part of the industry, yes. I still stay up to date on it. Radio was/is my passion, I'm just too young to stay in it for the future. Yes, terrestrial (AM/FM) is the way of the past. Satellite and streaming is the future of "radio." Post-Covid studies really haven't been released to my knowledge, but age is older and length of listening is down and has been going down since around 2000. Length is sometimes more important than total, because that means people are listening over commercial breaks. For sports radio, localism matter a lot, and having the Dawgs off of the only local sports radio station/YouTube streaming channel, whatever you want to call The Fan, is bad. WXNT is just broadcasting to the void. Their only numbers likely come from Jim Rome, who has come and gone as the "it" guy in sports talk.

NCJon and iluvsnow like this.
  7. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,502
    OK 72 hours until tip off - this may be a really good year - I'm targeting a tie for 2nd place in the Big East - based on on Lukas's laser like evaluation of the terrific skill sets & experience levels we have on the roster this season, plus my own boundless optimism. :cool:

jeff, NCJon, znelson15 and 1 other person like this.
  8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,443
    I’m in the same boat:

The best part of the year is right before the season starts and we all have boundless limits of optimism!!!! It does feel really good

2xDawg likes this.
  9. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,562
    Mighty WIBC AM? Dark? Wow. I sure hope Big John Gillis and his Whirlybird, Fred Heckman 'News Time' and Gary Todd land on their feet. I understand Gary just played Golf with the Governor!

Don't know about you guys but... I love Indianapolis, lollipops, and W-I-B-C!

iluvsnow likes this.
  10. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
    WIBC went to 93.1 FM some 10 or so years ago. The 1070 band was 24-hour sports.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,383
    And then all the injuries happen.

Wait, they already have. I'd like to think otherwise. Call me skeptical. If healthy this team will be better than last year's. But we've already seen that's already a question.

znelson15 likes this.
  12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,330
    I'm 41, but part of the reason I got into radio at a young age was listening to WIBC with my dad on my way to games. To me, radio in Indiana is this news intro:

That "Radio Indiana (dong) W-I-B-C, Indianapolis" is just next level.

It's sad to turn over to 1070 and hear absolutely nothing, rarely even a crackle from a neighboring city. AM is dead, and probably should have been for 20 years.

Staxawax, iluvsnow and NCJon like this.
  13. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $650
    MSU-Butler matchup as part of 2021 Gavitt Games Time Announced

Michigan State announced that game will tip off at 7 p.m. EDT on Nov. 17. It was also revealed that the game will be televised on FS1.

14. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
    Just ordered Crossroads Classic tickets .

Very pumped as I’ve never been. Been too expensive for my blood to treat my children to the game at $180 for cheap tickets.

Still is but my daughter reached out now that she has moved into first career job (meaning making decent money) and wants to go and let dad tag along with her and her boyfriend (although an IU graduate and I’ve not had chance to convert him yet) so it will only be $60 for me as they will pay for their own tickets. I would love to pay $170 but I’m sure my priority points will relegate me to the least expensive seats.

Just glad to be going!!!!

Does anyone know when they stop the purchase/deposit for this event and actually assign you your seats?

15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,785
    Meanwhile Kentucky’s exhibition game was televised live tonight on the SEC channel. I get it, but that speaks volumes to having your own network.

Doubt we’d ever see a Big East network, but adding Gonzaga might help.

znelson15 likes this.
  16. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,502
    Just checked the Kenpom website ( https://kenpom.com/) and they show Butler at a pre-start rank of 55th - just behind Ga Tech (54) and Creighton (53). For those following the BE Expansion thread, San Francisco is slotted at #33.

17. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,420
    It’s over after this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $838
    How would one buy good resale tickets direct from season ticket holders? Looking to fly back from Colorado for the MSU game - my first game at Hinkle in three years after a dozen years as a season ticket holder.

19. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,560
    Maybe just ask here is all I can think of? There are still a few seats in 221, 209, and 210 at butlersports.

20. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $838
    Okedoke. If anyone has two lower level tickets at a reasonable price, please DM me!