2021-22 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, May 4, 2021.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,618
    Tough draw.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,799
    Ouch...we definitely got the short end on that draw. I have a good feeling we could beat any of the other 6 teams but Houston...not sure. What sucks about the losers bracket if you do lose day one is the chance you play Chaminade which does diddly for net.

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,619
    Houston was a good team, but they were the most overrated Final Four team in a long time and needed a miracle to get by Rutgers. Literally didn’t play a single digit seed during their run. I’m sure they will be favored, but Butler can win that game.

4. tedfrye

tedfrye Active Member

Money:
    $354
    They did lose a lot from last year I think it is definitely a winnable game.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,799
    I take back a little of what I said. Re-thinking it Houston is a tough draw but Oregon would have been worse and they will be the best team over there.

6. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,392
    Friend bumped into Kelvin Sampson at a small metro airport north of Indy on Saturday. Wonder why he was in town? Maybe we can catch him on a recruiting violation:)

seadawg likes this.
  7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,373
    Had Michigan beaten UCLA, the top 4 teams in kenpom at the time would have been in the Final 4.

I agree that they didn't play well in the tournament overall and had a lot of things break their way in terms of seeds, but they were a really good team last year.

NCJon and 2xDawg like this.
  8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,268
  9. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $720
  10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,268
    ND and IU didn't want to do it anymore. Sounds like Bankers Life Fieldhouse (so really the Pacers organization) lobbied hard to extend it, as I'm sure Butler and Purdue did also.

znelson15 likes this.
  11. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $720
    Gotcha. Twitter was saying Purdue ruined it

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2xDawg likes this.
  12. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,450
    Any chance the Bankers Life guys could help pull in Cincinnati and Louisville to replace IU & ND? Both drive markets with good sized travelling fan bases.

willisbrown and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,392
    If I’m Barry I’m leaking that we are in talks with KY to just troll IU.

hortonamos, jal8908, BNiche and 6 others like this.
  14. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,384
    Next time we see IU is 12 years down the road in the second round.

Would be great to play Purdue at BLF annually, but TV/Pacers organization would want a second game. Get some major programs involved. Florida v. Zaga, O$U v. UCLA, Duke v. Baylor. Every year you can switch around the teams in the second game.

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  15. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,849
    ND wouldn't surprise me. Their unwarranted arrogance and palpable sense of superiority in all sports is nauseating. Ditto for I.U. , who really hasn't been relevant since Knight was canned over 20 years ago, and hasn't even made the Dance since 2016. If Purdue instigated this it would be somewhat of a surprise to me. Kind of sad because the fans and local media loved the event. And if you're good enough you even earn some in-state bragging rights. Oh well. Life goes on.

BNiche, Dunhamfor3 and PSUButlerFan like this.
  16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,105
    Butler enjoyed it because they've been the best program the last 20 years. Actually, I'd say it was a piece of the puzzle that eventually put Butler on par with the other three.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  17. ButlerHoopsFan

Money:
    $720
    Wouldn’t surprise me if Purdue wanted out since they were 3-7

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

18. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,788
    The article says Purdue would like to have another annual event at BLF. It would be nice if Butler could be a part of that. It wouldn't have the same appeal as having the Big Four Indiana schools, but there could still be some great competition.

NCJon likes this.
  19. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,221
    It's a shame but we expected this. IU led this mutiny.

20. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $629
    2:30 PURDUE / KENTUCKY

5:00 BUTLER /LOUISVILLE

Rotate every year.

It’ll feel like a 2A/4A Semi State when the other team is from your county and roots for you