2021-22 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by UDDawg, May 4, 2021.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,969
    Kentucky would be fun, but they ain't coming to the Crossroads.

Louisville and Cincinnati seem like logical choices that could realistically work, although I think they'll end up in the same conference again soon so we'd lose the Butler-Purdue game.

MSUDawg likes this.
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,181
    I say good draw, I think we can take care of that game for sure.

Really looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and NCJon like this.
  3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,788
    If we lose to Houston, we'll play the loser of the Wisconsin-Texas A&M game, so we won't play Chaminade in the second round. Assuming Chaminade does not win a game, we'd only play Chaminade if we each lost our first two games, which would be the case no matter how the brackets were set.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    PSUButlerFan likes this.
  4. Albick

Money:
    $1,788
    Updated nonconference schedule:

IUPUI (Kenpom rating: 263) (home, opener, 2020-21)
    Central Arkansas (331) (November 12, home)
    Troy (305) (November 13, home)
    Michigan State (64) (November 17, home, Gavitt Games)
    Houston (5) (November 22, Maui)
    Wisconsin (14) or Texas A&M (137) (November 23, Maui)
    Oregon (16), St. Mary's (75), Notre Dame (85) or Chaminade (NR) (November 24, Maui)
    Oklahoma (39) (December 7, away, Big East-Big 12 Battle)
    Purdue (25) (December 18, BLF, Crossroads Classic)

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    znelson15 and 2xDawg like this.
  5. Albick

Money:
    $1,788
    For a little perspective, not very long ago, who could imagine this: in the course of eight days, we could be playing nonconference games against Michigan State (at home), Houston, Wisconsin, and Oregon--with nonconference games a short time later against Oklahoma and Purdue.

6. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,450
    Louisville & Cinci could wind up together in the same league - also there are some extraneous reports indicating the Big10 is interested in Cinci - in any event Kentucky isn't ever going to play in the Crossroads - they also have a recurring rivalry game with Louisville. Money talks - the Bankers life folks have the resources to attract top teams - they just have to want to do it.

7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,105
    I don't think Cincinnati interests the BIG or ACC. The only way they end up in the same league is if Louisville left for the newly formed Big 12...and why would they do that unless forced?

Schools that the BIG could poke around (AAU status & D1 football not in the SEC):
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    Iowa State
    Rice
    Stanford
    Tulane
    Buffalo
    Arizona
    Cal-Berkeley
    UCLA
    Colorado
    Kansas
    North Carolina
    Oregon
    Pittsburgh
    USC
    Utah
    Virginia
    Washington
    ....Syracuse is a former member like Nebraska.

Three possible scenarios here, I think, for the BIG.
    1) 2 of North Carolina, Duke, Virginia, Georgia Tech
    2) 2 of Colorado, Kansas, Utah, Iowa State
    3) Add a 6-team Western Flank - USC, UCLA, Arizona, Stanford, Washington, Oregon

I think you can only completely rule out Rice, Tulane, Buffalo (but who would've seen Rutgers?!)

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,619
    Big Ten should dump Rutgers and Maryland as part of this process. Or at least Rutgers.

9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,230

This is an IU centric podcast, discussing the end of the Crossroads Classic. This Dylan Sinn guy seems to have a myopic, clouded memory of IU for the last 10 years.

Tentozen likes this.
  10. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $640
    Unbelievable but not really. So I would like to add that it gave IU a 7-3 record against quality teams that they needed to have to get their few bids into the NCAA tourney since 2011. Arrogance astounds me. I’ll take Butler and Purdue last 10 years over IU last 10 year performance!!!!

11. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,105
    I just bought season tickets for the first time ever. My son is 12 now, not a "sports kid" by any means, but he likes events and my wife used to work at the ticket office for a few years. It'll be good to be at every home game this year, for probably the first time since the 2012-13 season.

12. NCJon

Money:
    $8,969
    The feeling here in ACC country is that after checking Notre Dame's temperature on full conference affiliation, they'll add West Virginia and one other school to get to 16 in football (17 in everything else). West Virginia has coveted an ACC invite since the league's inception, much the way Mizzou once longed for a B1G invite. The long-held arguments against WVU about academics went out the window when they added Louisville to replace Maryland. The likely candidates for the plus one are Cincinnati, Central Florida and Connecticut - in that order. Adding two full members would allow the ACC to renegotiate its current rights package so there's incentive to get there and outside of WVU not much of the Big XII remainders make sense. Of course Notre Dame is the big prize and would really help that re-negotiation, but there's little incentive for them to move to a conference with the way they're set up right now.

The B1G may be able to peel off another ACC member, but it won't be North Carolina, Duke or Virginia. Georgia Tech is the most realistic possibility of the four you listed. The league would be happy to have the B1G take Boston College off its hands.

beezer16 likes this.
  13. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,220
    This is will open the schedule for IU to renew it's series against Little Sisters of the Poor.

14. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Active Member

Money:
    $337
    Or the Ft. Wayne School of the Blind or Brownie Troop 463

15. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,319
    Or the kids from the hockey pickup game in Just Friends (though they might actually win against IU).

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,618
    Dinkleman!

znelson15 likes this.
  17. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,799
  18. Albick

Money:
    $1,788
    Complete nonconference schedule:

IUPUI (2021 Kenpom rating: 263) (November 9, home)
    Central Arkansas (331) (November 12, home)
    Troy (305) (November 13, home)
    Michigan State (64) (November 17, home, Gavitt Games)
    Houston (5) (November 22, Maui)
    Wisconsin (14) or Texas A&M (137) (November 23, Maui)
    Oregon (16), St. Mary's (75), Notre Dame (85) or Chaminade (NR) (November 24, Maui)
    Saginaw Valley State (NCAA Division II) (November 30, home)
    Oklahoma (39) (December 7, away, Big East-Big 12 Battle)
    Eastern Illinois (311) (home, December 11)
    Purdue (25) (December 18, BLF, Crossroads Classic)

ButlerNut, 2xDawg, znelson15 and 2 others like this.
  19. BU_NeonHat

BU_NeonHat Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,337
    I didn't know we were allowed to schedule regular season games with non-D1 schools anymore. I could also be losing my mind but that's a different story

znelson15 likes this.
  20. NCJon

Money:
    $8,969
    You can count up to two games against non-Division I opponents toward your regular season record. It's pretty common to see low majors and even some struggling mid majors to use both each year.

It's unusual to see a high major do it.

znelson15 likes this.