2021 Big East Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Mar 3, 2021.

1. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    Xavier seriously lost to Marquette? They’re toast. Betting they come out with no energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

ButlerProf likes this.
  2. WDLTH

WDLTH Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $225
    [QUOTE=" I've never felt the "I just want this season to be over" feeling until about halftime of yesterday's game. It's just been too depressing.[/QUOTE]

I literally spit out a bit of my drink when I read your comment. You've literally brought this up ad-nauseum so many times during this season. There are receipts... it's not worth my time to search through yours posts, because it won't change you. You'll just spin it, or change subject to some other "extreme" opinion (SJW, Medical Staff, etc.). I don't know of anyone that's given up on these players, coaches and medical staff more often than you have. You've said you wanted this season to be over MULTIPLE times. You're hilarious.... in everyone's crazy Uncle kind of way.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,101
    I literally spit out a bit of my drink when I read your comment. You've literally brought this up ad-nauseum so many times during this season. There are receipts... it's not worth my time to search through yours posts, because it won't change you. You'll just spin it, or change subject to some other "extreme" opinion (SJW, Medical Staff, etc.). I don't know of anyone that's given up on these players, coaches and medical staff more often than you have. You've said you wanted this season to be over MULTIPLE times. You're hilarious.... in everyone's crazy Uncle kind of way.[/QUOTE]

I won't argue I've said it, because I have. It's been out of frustration with all that has happened to this team this year. It's a bit sarcastic, thinking that it just HAS to turn around...then it doesn't. But honestly I hate to see any basketball season (NCAA, the NBA can be fired into the sun for all I care) end. Even in a rough one but...yeah yesterday I actually just dropped my head, stared into the floor and really felt "just make it stop". It's been brutal and even with one or two nice things, we get handed 10 bad. I've never seen anything like it and although I've pleaded some of the year...yesterday once Nze went down and I found out Hodges was a no go...it broke my spirits completely. It was empty.

I'll never give up on the guys that have been put in horrid spots and are playing their asses off. I think you'll see Harris and Tater Tot emerge as certified awesome after all this. The coaching staff and medical staff on the other hand...need a serious reboot.

AZRPh likes this.
  4. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,381
    While I don’t subscribe to the theory that our medical team is substandard or maliciously hurting the team, the thought has crossed my mind over the last five years or so that we have been fortunate in terms of not having injuries.

That started to turn with Rosie, but imagine what would have happened had Kelan torn an ACL or Kamar last season. It just sucks that karma of our good fortune is calling all this season.

This season has been frustrating for so many reasons and the injuries is just one component of the ish sandwich that is 2020-2021. Hopefully we have had our injury quota for a good long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

ButlerProf and Tentozen like this.
  5. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    It’s sort of the same with 3PT shooting— during the 4 game stretch between Marquette and Villanova, we held those teams to 16% behind the arc (15/91). Was our defense that good? Of course not, we just got very lucky during that stretch.

Could an injury or 2 be caused by poor stretching before practice or by our strength/medical staff being negligent? Okay maybe. But 8 injuries over 14 months? No— that’s just very very bad luck. I think a thorough investigation needs to take place to make sure we are doing everything we can to limit injuries but I don’t think they will find much. It is more likely due to lack of practices and lifting/conditioning during the pandemic and throughout our covid issues.
    (Campbell is a rather unathletic white guy and David had had known knee issues so I don’t really count those from last season)

Note— I hate that we have these injuries and it’s going to slow the development of our players but there’s really nothing to do but throw our hands up and pray for a speedy recovery. I can almost guarantee that if they haven’t already, the strength coaches are working on yoga-like flexibility and strength training around joints.

6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,302
    Well until sport specialization at an early age stops, the chance of injury will continue to increase. Asking questions to potential recruits on schedules and time off and multiple sports are things the coaching staff can use to help make informed decisions. I think Pierce Thomas being a multi sport stud and not focusing on basketball till just over a year ago makes his injury risk smaller than others I'd imagine

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

shoeevv and Staxawax like this.
  7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,861
    Has PT decided to opt out of his senior track season in the spring?

8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,742
    How the hell does Xavier have the third best odds of winning the tournament as one of four teams that would have to win four games? And why would Nova have the best odds?

No way I’d bet on this thing with my money, but if I have to choose, it’s UConn, only because Creighton plays like poo outside of Omaha.

9. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,350
    In the shocker of the year, Creighton has decided that Greg McDermott can coach the Big East Tournament.

10. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,608
    It is almost as if he was not at all cancelled or even close to fired, but had a pretty reasonable punishment that all parties agreed upon and now can resume doing his very lucrative job. The system works!

dawgs2014, mwall787, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  11. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,843
    Marquette and Georgetown tip off in 2.5 hours. The start of the tournament. Let's get ready to play!

12. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,135
    We had folks on this board (I'm not going to go back and see if you were one of them) predicting this team would win three or four games this year, after the Covid pause. It hasn't been all that bad. These guys actually won more BE home games (7) than any prior Butler team. The freshmen have been fantastic. Nze and Golden have both played well lately, after a rough start. Butler was finally able to get Hodges eligible. It certainly could have been worse than the year we've gotten.

ButlerProf, Tentozen, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  13. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,101
    Do we like Gtown to cover the +3.5? Computer sims seem to.

14. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,843
    no

15. willisbrown

Money:
    $16,101
    Uh huh.............................check out the score mi amigo.

Too bad I chickened out and didn't go with the gtown play. Instead I played Clemson big and they are sucking mule wenis.

16. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,843
    Damn was I wrong. Marquette looks horrible!

Only scored 14 points in the first half! Down 18

17. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,350
    Fingers crossed, Butler might not have the most inept first half offense at MSG today!

ButlerNut, UDDawg and willisbrown like this.
  18. gmoser1210

gmoser1210 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $535
    While we've been in the Big East, 8 wins would always have you anywhere from 6th to 8th in the conference. Obviously, with the addition of UConn bringing the number of games from 18 to 20, that changes things. However, if all of the other teams had played full 20-game slates, I highly doubt we'd have finished as the 10 seed. Georgetown finished ahead of us but didn't play two games against Xavier, Marquette, Providence, and DePaul. Xavier only played Georgetown, Seton Hall and UConn once and didn't play Villanova or DePaul at all. There's been a lot of great things with our team, but this year shouldn't count for anything. Ridiculous that Indiana State fired their coach based on such a crazy season.

ButlerProf and Tentozen like this.
  19. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,297
    Do y’all think woj is on the hot seat??

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,150
    If not, it can't be too cool. Not sure how he still gets the recruits he does.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app