2021 Big East Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,406
    I mean, what has he accomplished? In years past, he even had Hauser brothers and Marcus Howard. I would argue they’ve been loaded with talent but consistently suck when it matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Tentozen and znelson15 like this.
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,232
    I agree with all of this. He has had Ioads of talent and under achieved

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,707
    Oh my goodness, lower seeds.

4. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    Alright so looking ahead to next year. I think Butler improves a good chunk overall. Marquette, Providence, Georgetown, Xavier have all been middling. Depaul is Depaul. Obv Creighton, Nova and Uconn will be good, and Seton Hall/St Johns should be middle tier as well. Is there any reason Butler can't compete for the middle of the pack?

znelson15 likes this.
  5. Bernie44

Bernie44 Active Member

Money:
    $232
    How does Providence lose to DePaul???

6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,835
  7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    Depending on who comes back for the top 3 - Creighton could see a significant drop; UConn loses Bouknight - they instantly fall a few spots; Villanova will be top 2 talent wise, no matter what. If DePaul keeps it's current lineup, they could rise a couple of spots.

Butler's place in the league is impossible to figure right now - who stays or goes on the Dawgs - who stays or goes in the entire league? We'll know more by the end of April.

Tentozen likes this.
  8. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $811
    I may be mistaken but I believe that Georgetown was seeded 8th and Marquette was seeded 9th.

ButlerNut likes this.
  9. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,835
    You're right. My bad. Because Marquette was favored on the gambling boards, I flipped that in my brain.

10. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,232
    I’d say a fairly disappointing season for providence also with the talent they had this year

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $353
    Aftermath of Xavier's loss last night... trying to think which teams would play them, if they could get games? And if it would even matter at the end of the day?

12. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,984
    If UD would have had a better season, I can't imagine the noise people would be making to get that matchup.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2021
  13. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,835
    Not that it is "wrong" with doing it...but I'm not really a fan of the idea. Just because a "bubble" team loses in the tournament, they shouldn't get another crack at getting some "quality" wins after that to get into the big tournament. It devalues the whole conference tournament idea.

And yes, I would be saying this if Butler were on the bubble and lost.

NCJon, BNiche and znelson15 like this.
  14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,707
    Nova down at half. Intriguing.

15. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $761
    A member of the St. John’s program, tier 1 support staff has produce a positive cover 19 test result. Contact tracing has determined that one additional player will be forced to quarantine. They have not announced who that is.

16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,486
    Drake? They could use a solid win. Indiana (if they get bounced tonight)? West Virginia (if they lose to OK State)? - just thinking of nearby teams that could use another win.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  17. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,406
    LOL!!! “We weren’t good enough against the **** teams, and we never got to play the good ones. Life isn’t fair!! I’m taking my ball home!”

Literally every mid major has a garbage SOS and if they don’t bring it every night, then they don’t get in the tourney. They don’t get the benefit of getting to play 2 Villanovas and Creightons every year to boost their resume. SMH

mwall787, BNiche and godogs91 like this.
  18. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,225
    X had the double-edged sword of not playing Nova or DePaul at all, as well as Georgetown at home and UConn and Hall on the road. They would have probably been 9-11 or 8-12 in the league. Will love the thought of Freemantle whining about why they didn't get in on Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba likes this.
  19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,292
    I wonder if we're going to see bubble teams try to play each other. There's literally no time. Maybe they get in one extra game - and if I'm already a team in Q1, what incentive do they have playing a bubble team desperate for a win?

BNiche and mwall787 like this.
  20. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,225
    pjohnsto2003 likes this.