2021 Big East Tournament

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ButlerNut, Mar 3, 2021.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,029
    Soft foul call costs Nova in the end. GTown was an impressive 23-23 on FTs for the game, though.

NCJon likes this.
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,348
    I wouldn't. I would think in that situation BU might try to reschedule the highest NET game missed due to the covid pause if it made sense. March Madness has become too important to awareness & revenue.

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,319
    It sucks for Nova fans bc they were a top 10 team w a chance for another banner. Now without Gillespie, they're 0-2 with losses to Gtown and PC. eek :eek:

4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,774
    It honestly feels just like 45 trying to find votes. Pretty sad state of affairs. Would have loved for Nova to have beat them twice, UConn and Seton Hall on the road, as well.

Xavier players and fans should be offended, but likely they will not.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,198
    If I remove X and my bias against them from the equation, I actually like trying to do everything you can to give yourself a chance. I don't know if it makes sense for anyone else to play them, or not, but I like the resourcefulness.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

2xDawg and UDDawg like this.
  6. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,852
    That's better than impressive. That's Darnell Archey and AJ Graves having a contest to see who buys beer!

ButlerProf, bumba and UDDawg like this.
  7. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,852
    Well,

Now that Nova is out of the BEast Tournament...let Nova play X. When X loses that one, maybe X can play SIU. When X loses that one, maybe X can play San Francisco.

Where does it stop?

8. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $152

I don't know WHERE it would stop, but do know WHEN it would stop - mid-afternoon Sunday.

bumba likes this.
  9. ButlerNut

Money:
    $8,852
    Seton Hall used overtime to beat St. John's. Interesting question posed during the OT.

Seton Hall now plays Georgetown instead of Nova. So I ask you, is beating Georgetown in the semifinals of the tournament enough to get them in? (i.e. win tomorrow, but lose Saturday) Or, did Seton Hall need to beat Nova tomorrow and lose Saturday?

Obviously, if Seton Hall wins tomorrow and Saturday, it's a mute point.

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,348
    My guess is it probably stops when guys like Travis Steele don't feel like they're on the hot seat if they miss the tournament.

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,917
    UConn making Creighton look really bad so far. Different kind of athlete going there. Going from Butler's defense to UConn's has to be a shock to the system.

12. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,198
    I can't wait until we are in games of the highest level, again, and not only punch/counter punch with the best, but win and challenge for or win our conference! This game between Creighton and UConn is fun to watch.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,271
    The Big East semi final games were well played, close games, the refs let them play as they should, and the better team (in the sense of who is playing the best basketball right now) won in each game. Georgetown is playing high level hoops in this Tourney and Zegarowski is back to the beast we saw last year. His meniscus injury was 1 year ago this week and it took him most of this season to get back to full strength and explosiveness. Hope the final game is a barn burner.

14. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,774
    I hope Georgetown wins it so there is more assurance Xavier does not get in.

15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,703
    I've grown to dislike Creighton as much as any team in the Big East if not more, save maybe Xavier. Plus a Georgetown win could have the bonus effect of knocking Syracuse off the bubble and that would be pretty sweet.

So for one night only: Go Hoyas!

2xDawg, mwall787, ButlerProf and 5 others like this.
  16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,627
    Same. I thought this interaction on Twitter was pretty funny.

NCJon likes this.
  17. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,764
    Least favorite BE programs (in order): Xavier, Creighton, UCONN, Marquette, St. John’s, Georgetown.

Is it normal to despise half the league? Lol.

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    I'm not sure why, and I'm definitely the minority, but I don't feel the supreme hatred for X. I surely don't like them but they don't rule my hate prism. I will agree with the sentiment that Creighton has gone from a team afar that I admired in the MVC to a very much hated squad. They just, year in and year out, have very hate-able players and their fans are kinda obnoxious. I will also say I've grown (since 2012-2013 season) to despise Marquette too.

2xDawg and NCJon like this.
  19. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $8,774
    I grew up in a Xavier family. I rooted for UC and UD when I was a kid. Not sure if it was out of spite or to go against the grain, but all I ever heard was X this, X that. I had to listen, from my brothers, how Butler, when I enrolled, was always going to be Xavier’s little brother.

Yeah - I cannot stand Xavier. And their fans are like OSU football fans.

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,183
    Basketball wise my hate list is IU, Creighton, X, Marquette, Puke. I mostly root for the big east other than the three I listed unless we are playing them.

Overall hatred begins and ends with State though. Ugh, those people and their programs are deplorable. LSU also.

mwall787 and jkcdawgs like this.