2021 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by UDDawg, Feb 15, 2021.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    That stuff isn’t a big deal to me. It’s totally fine if it makes a difference to you and I get why it could/would, but that stuff is a shoulder shrug and an eye roll from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    You’re right, that’s my fault. I represented myself in a state of confusion about “why” when my actual perspective is more objection to the resentment.

Hinkle likes this.
  3. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $177

I do agree with what you're saying.... But to be fair, the only reason why the culture of the Butler Way even means anything is because of Collier, and the only reason why he knows it is because he learned it from Dick Bennett who developed it when he coached at Wisconsin in the 90s. Coaches take a culture with them all the time, the difference here is Butler just happened to maintain it with every new coach they had.

bumba, seadawg and dawgs2014 like this.
  4. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,804
  5. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $757
    Not sure about Thompson, Geronimo & Lander but I could see Franklin returning to IU.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169

mwall787 likes this.
  7. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,999
    I think I would have stayed at LIC but I get money talks

Just for me seems kind of random but moser probably wants to coach at the next level and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Yogi and UDDawg like this.
  8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,085
    Totally agree. I admit the Big 12 (and really anything west of the Mississippi) is a blind spot for me, and I know OU has boatloads of football money, but it just seems a little random.

bobbu64 and znelson15 like this.
  9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,412
    Yeah Oklahoma has a good program, but there’s nothing special about it.

bobbu64, znelson15 and UDDawg like this.
  10. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,884
    It’s the best job open, and tons of football money. Florida/Michigan of the Big 12. (considering UNC will likely stay “in house”)

11. tlp63

tlp63 Active Member

Money:
    $190
    https://247sports.com/college/india...b0i3H8YPA2V3E1v1WbpP_x0pM178nMTIZDA4lZD9Vltwc

Sorry, don't know how to make this a click and go link. For those not wanting to read the whole thing, it says Williams was increasingly frustrated by the new era of NCAA decisions especially regarding transfers: “Someone who knows Roy just told me there had been no definitive plan to retire now but that he has been increasingly fed up with the direction of college basketball and the Walker Kessler transfer was the ‘nail in the coffin,’” Wolken wrote in a tweet."

12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,142
    So current open D1 jobs are: North Carolina, Texas Tech, Loyola-Chicago, Utah St, San Jose St, ETSU, Winthrop, Hofstra, E. Michigan, Austin Peay, Lamar, Bethune-Cookman, CCSU, & Texas A&M- Corpus Christi.

Shimmy likes this.
  13. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $757
    It would seem that some decent assistant coaches might fill some of those openings. However, I wonder where Archie will end up.

14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,191
    If I’m Archie, I just live off IU’s largesse for another year. Also after TJD totally threw him under the bus yesterday, he may want to let that die down a bit before job hunting.

CMG, NCJon and willisbrown like this.
  15. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
  16. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,999
    Would be the best hire they could get but I agree. I don’t see him every coaching anywhere but nova.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,804
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    Whoa, what did I miss - anything public here or did he just say something complementary about X?

thevinrod likes this.
  19. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,670
    I'm not sure what the nature of the allegations is, but it resulted in a mass exodus of players from the UC program. Folks on the Cincinnati message board seem to think it's just a question of when as far as Brannen being gone and the sooner the better as far as they are concerned so a new coach can be hired and start recruiting. I wonder who's next up for Cincinnati.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...legations-surrounding-mens-basketball-program

znelson15 likes this.
  20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,311
    Archie?