2021 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by UDDawg, Feb 15, 2021.

1. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,903
    Would they try to hire Luke Walton and see if he wants to get back to college?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon likes this.
  2. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,635
    Tough year for the Miller brothers.

3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,635
  4. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    Shrewsberry has one spot left on his staff to fill, but what's interesting is apparently he's hired Brian Snow as a recruiting coordinator. Normally, only see those in football, where there's 85 scholarship players vs 13. The big issue for Snow now since he's not an assistant coach, he can't go out in person to evaluate/scout players.

https://hoopdirt.com/daily-dirt-4-6-21/

5. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,905
    You're kidding me? We hired the 247 top basketball guy as our recruiting coordinator? Wow.

6. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,433
    Connections galore, but that guy’s a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

NCJon likes this.
  7. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Active Member

Money:
    $322
    Cincinnati Bearcats fire men's basketball coach John Brannen following investigation into program. Cincinnati athletic director John Cunningham announced the move in a letter to the program's supporters.

"The decision to move in a new direction comes after a thorough review of our program, which included conversations with student-athletes, coaches and staff, as well as with Coach Brannen," Cunningham said. "Ultimately, the University is acting in the best interests of our student-athletes and of the institution, and this decision is reflective of our commitment to both, as well as to our values that we hold dear. As this is a personnel matter, we are unable to provide further details of the program review or the decision.

"We will work quickly but judiciously in finding a new head coach. With a passionate fan base, strong tradition and history, elite facilities, and a collective commitment to success, we are confident that we will have a deep pool of candidates. We will continue to engage with and support our student-athletes during this transition."

Archie Miller is being thrown around as a possible replacement along with Frank Martin; however he just signed a 2-year extension at South Carolina

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021 at 4:30 PM
  8. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $207
    They should keep throwing Archie---farther and farther.

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,602
    Frank Martin in Cincy would make a lot of sense. I wonder if they look to the other side of the state at Dennis Gates. I'm a little surprised he didn't already get one of the bigger openings this year.

znelson15 likes this.