2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,194
    Old friend.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,605
    I wish we could land someone like this to solve our front court issues. He's out there now...

mass_dawgs likes this.
  3. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $408
    Staff needs to put their big boy pants on and go absolute balls to the walls to get him to Butler. This is the exact type of player we need and would fit in perfectly with next years roster. Harris, Tate, Hodges, Scooby/Coles/Wilmoth, Tshiebwe (Golden off the bench) starting 5. You can’t convince me that’s not a top 3 team in the Big East unless the freshmen or Hodges completely flop

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,174
    Wish we could have landed someone like Minnesota’s Liam Robbins. He’s the 7’0” Drake transfer averaging 14/7 so far this year. I’ve watched the Gophers several times this year and have been impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    IrishDawghouse likes this.
  5. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,296
    Always feel like these transfers already have a landing spot.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,248
  7. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,827
  8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,231
  9. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,751
    Looking at #15 Texas Tech, that currently is giving Baylor all it can handle. Tech's leading scorer (15.8) is Mac McClung. Quite a step up for him from Georgetown.

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,562
    Looks like he’s on the move again.

11. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,985
    Seems to be a bit of a head case.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,605
    Old friend Matt Cross on the block. Gone from Miami effective immediately. May be worth a holla.

estar20dawg and NCJon like this.
  13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,249

Kid is working on this 3rd school but was a 4 star recruit in high school. 6'8 forward.

14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,562
  15. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $7,231
    sad to see all these players quitting on their teams like this

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,717
    Agree. Transferring is understandable and fine and the right decision in a lot of cases. Transferring mid season and especially mid semester is kinda BS.

willisbrown likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,605
    Don't worry, that was a direct shot at me because I said Hastings (back when the "covid" announcement was made) I called it out as BS and taking you ball, quitting and going home. Which is exactly what he did. But there are some around here that took offense to what was true then and is true now.

mwall787 likes this.
  18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,667
    It said he was taking a leave of absence for personal reasons.

No one said covid, except for you.

Even if they did say covid, we’d have no reason to believe it wasn’t, even if he did transfer.

Once again, you’re injecting your biases into a situation, and then treating the situation as if your biases are what actually happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $7,231
    Any conversation about kids "quitting" on the team sort of gives away the game that they are entertainment-employees first and students second, tbh.

Doesn't really matter when they transfer. Butler's highest profile transfer of the last decade -- and fan favorite -- Jordan Tucker was a mid-season guy. It's not a blemish on anyone.

And hopefully the staff is able to land some impact guys, no matter when they decided to leave their prior school!

fuller, troggy, ButlerHomer and 2 others like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,605
    Bullshiite...the ORIGINAL crap was he was taking an indefinite leave of absence for personal reasons. Then, wait for it, about a week or so later it was announced by butler men's basketball, that he was opting out of the season for COVID reasons. So no, I'm not injecting anything into the situation. It was a press release by Butler that mentioned covid. Not a willis bias. But keep doing what you do...pick pick pick pick...I appreciate the obsessing and am half flattered. But, yeah maybe try something else.

He left his team mid season when they really could have used him. It wasn't for anything else other than leaving butler. Period. Which, fine. But don't sugarcoat.