2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,314
  2. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,490
    Catholic 1-12, not Jesuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $399
    Tate isn’t going to be ready for the beginning of the year and likely never 100%. They should be going into the off season, assuming that’s a injury redshirt. You bring back AT, if he’s willing, and start him and Harris. With Tate shelved, you are going to need a shooting combo similar to Boldin - hopefully better

troggy, BoyGeoff and cornette33 like this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,415
    We know you don’t understand science, but this isn’t 1975; ACL surgery is a fairly routine procedure now. While it is possible that he never recovers, theres just no reason to think that’s “likely.”

Here’s a (obviously non comprehensive) list of household name athletes dependent on speed and cutting who have successfully recovered from torn ACL’s:

Alex Morgan
    Adrian Peterson
    Kyle Lowry
    Jamal Crawford
    Zach Levine
    Shaun Livingston
    Rob Gronkowski
    Ricky Rubio
    Tom Brady
    Jamaal Charles

Other serious knee injuries:
    Tiger Woods
    Nick Chubb
    Paul George
    Mickey Mantle

This is by no means a good thing. It is also by no means a death sentence.

On a completely unrelated note from your post, you’re a complete clown.

5. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,688
    While I thank Boldin for his service, he wasn't the shooter I had hoped for and didn't provide anything defensively. I'm hoping if we get another "shooter" via transfer, it's more like Woodson.

mwall787 and cornette33 like this.
  6. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,180
    The thing about Bolden is that he would be able to play and not count against the scholarship limit, so with Tate down I'm much, much less opposed to his return. Especially when it doesn't cost us a spot.

dawgs2014, mwall787 and Hinkle like this.
  7. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    But it costs us a spot on the court, and I've seen all I've ever want to say out of that defense, at my age and injuries, I think I could stay more in front of my man than him...

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    We lightly recruited him the first time around, IIRC.

9. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,314
    If all these Penn St dudes stay in the portal, Micah gonna have to really start from scratch. Yikes.

And of the PSU names other than the one bench dude that averages like 3 ppg are attractive to me.

10. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    There ya go.

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,067
    Wow. LaVall better get on the phone, although I suspect Shrews might convince some to stay. In order:

1. Jones - kid shot almost 40% from deep and was our leading scorer. Get him.

2. Harrar - dude is what I hoped JMM would be. Not overly skilled, so he’s limited to garbage buckets mostly, but he’s an absolute force down low. Big and really well built. Would be an amazing rebounder and post defender who will bang with anyone. Was committed to play football at Army before switching to PSU bball.

3. Wheeler - lightning quick PG who has started shooting better from deep. Defends well and gets a lot of steals. Could run the team and is better than AT overall - not as good on-ball defender, but better shooter teams have to respect.

3 (tie). Brockington - Good scorer and can get to the rim at will, but not a great shooter. From what I saw of both this year, he’s a better version of Hodges but not as big. Quicker and better finisher, however. Also a lefty.

4. Buttrick - Really soft backup big with a decent shot. No reason to pursue.

Watch for Lundy if he enters. Former Top 100 recruit with a ton of potential.

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,067
    Ok so Lundy entered. I’d put him up with Myreon Jones and Harrar for what Butler needs. He’s a 6’6 wing who is a legit scorer. Was never overly interested in defense. I’m guessing he’s what everyone hopes Scooby would be.

13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,415
    I bet they’re transferring to try to go play in Lubbock.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $12,314
    Welp, so much for looking at him...ACC bound:

iluvsnow likes this.
  15. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,962
    Was this a swing and miss or did we get caught looking?

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,400
    bmradio99 and willisbrown like this.
  17. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,550
    Wake forest? But why

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

Tentozen likes this.
  18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,696
    Obviously a risk given the program's current state, but he'll get plenty of playing time and touches in Winston-Salem. I like Coach Forbes and think he'll get the ship righted in the next couple of years. Not going to be good next year, though if LaRavia could get a waiver it'd certainly help.

19. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,804
    troggy, bmradio99, Shimmy and 9 others like this.
  20. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,501
    I am a little confused on what he said. We bring a lot of guys back?