2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,477
    @Lukas Harkins Would you have any idea when he would want to cut his list/ commit to someone?

Any idea if they are pursuing any Centers or if they feel comfortable with what they have?

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,905
    Let’s go get Devin Askew...

3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,002
    I have no concrete insight behind either of these two answers but I a) do not think he will cut his list further from here and b) would not be surprised if he makes a decision by the end of the week? This could be a quick recruitment from here on out since I think his list is trimmed even more than the six listed, but you just never know how the timelines will work out; all depends on his priorities and decision-making process. We will see what happens with time. Transfer market is a lot of the waiting game.

I wouldn't rule out the potential of targeting bigs in the transfer market, but I think we already know what their top priority is. Butler needs more offense and appears to be looking to find a guard/wing that can fill it up as a scorer (preferably a strong 3-point shooter as well, I believe). That has been the trend of their targets thus far and I am of the opinion that they will continue to seek a commitment from a scoring wing prior to moving to another position.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021 at 10:25 PM
    NCJon, znelson15 and cornette33 like this.
  4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,903
    So your saying there is a chance........... :)

Thank you for the insight truly Lukas I have always enjoyed every thing you have posted as well as written

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,002
    Thank you for the kind words. Should be a fun offseason to continue covering.

2xDawg likes this.
  6. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $744
    Lukas,
    Just wondering if you have heard anything more about Kaiden Rice from The Citadel after he listed Butler as one of his top eight schools. I know that people are hopeful about Monsanto and then possibly getting a big, but considering how poorly we shot from outside this past season, I wouldn't mind having both Monsanto and Rice. Considering that Kaiden averaged 17.6 points and 4.2 rebounds this season while shooting 41 percent from the field and 35 percent from three while shooting 264 three-pointers, the second-most in the country. That means he shot 10.3 three-pointers per game and made almost 4 per game. I know that Arizona was very interested in him but I had not heard whether or not he had made any decision.

7. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,002
    Rice has not made a decision since narrowing his list. I am not sure just how interested Butler is in that recruitment, to be completely honest, though I did write about how he would fit nicely with this group. He again fits that mold of a scoring wing that they are looking for, though I would be surprised if they try to land two of those, though. Adding two wing transfers would create a bit of a logjam for minutes with Hodges and Scooby already set to fill a fair amount. Having a trio of Bolden/Harris/Transfer should give the team enough "snipers" so long as that transfer can be a reliable threat (Monsanto would quality, as would Rice). Coles/Nze/Golden presumably will be able to space the floor more from the frontcourt and I think the overall spacing will be better this season without having to deal with so many injuries and the unbalanced lineups that resulted from them. Going back to Rice, I would lean towards William & Mary as the school most likely to land him if I had to wager a guess.

cornette33 likes this.
  8. Tiles52

Tiles52 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $744
    Thanks! Appreciate your input.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,125
  11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,132
    Thad’s effort to import Butler culture into IU?

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,484
    I’m not familiar with this Twitter account. Are they claiming that Donovan is shopping his services to earn a grad scholarship to play somewhere? It seems that including walk-on graduates in your “tracker” is a bit disingenuous.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,324
    Has LJ lost the team?

But in all honestly, it would be really cool if Campbell is able to land somewhere and get a graduate degree.

bumba, knobcreekfan, huss587 and 5 others like this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    No doubt. That would be spectacular for him and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

seadawg and znelson15 like this.
  15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,002
    I have not been able to get any sort of confirmation regarding Campbell, nor has he posted any sort of announcement. All I know is that he is listed in the Verbal Commits transfer portal. We majored in the same thing at Butler, and it would make sense to target a graduate degree if that is his goal (though I did not). Always rooting for him.

bwesson15, tedfrye, NCJon and 5 others like this.
  16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,834
    Might as well try to get a grad degree free, right?

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  17. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,202
    He could just be trying to go to school to get more cool, so he doesn’t have to go to Jupiter to get more stupider.

Sometimes the obvious explanation is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

RobertT likes this.
  18. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Active Member

Money:
    $369
    Looks as if Monsanto will be choosing Wake in the next day or so. I don’t have any reasoning for this but I have a feeling that Butler is going to eventually pick up a transfer that none of us even know that we have been linked to.

Waiting to log in to Twitter one day and see a Rothstein tweet “Butler lands coveted transfer 6’11, 250 pounds of pure muscle. Averaged 6 blocks per game and shot 42% from 3. No prior knee issues. Hates Xavier.” Would be a solid get

19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,083
    To be fair, David was the only player who has had known prior knee issues before matriculating into Butler's intensive kinesiology and athletic training graduate program.

I know they're targeting a wing scorer, but with as many guys as they have on the roster, I don't know if they'll be able to grab anyone. Maybe next year.

20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,092
    Couple under the radar names that could maybe fill a guard void for us surfaced today in the portal. Jalen Pickett from Siena is a baller but I'd guess he'd rather go somewhere he can start and Rollie Worster from Utah St. Worster is a bigger guard who has great FT numbers but meh 3 ball numbers. Pickett does it all.