2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $186

Hmmmm.... This likely won't fit the criteria for many as an "impact" transfer. I'm okay with it, but he strikes me as more something similar to Paul Jorgensen. It looks like he's been a starter most of his career, so maybe he's somewhat battle tested.

znelson15 likes this.
  2. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $569
    I don’t understand our interest at all. He can’t shoot, he’s not efficient, and he’s not a shutdown defensive player. Why is he someone we’re targeting? We need to be aiming higher, and if not at least someone who can shoot.

3. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,502
    Yeah I have next to zero interest in this

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 and SnoopDawg like this.
  4. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $186

I'm with you, this looks more like someone you would take if you just missed on all your other choices, and it's way too early for that to be happening. I'm just trying to understand what it is they think they DO like about him, supposedly he can do other things besides shoot, but he's not above average on any of them.

5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,420
    Hard pass.

bumba likes this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,178
    Careful. If you don’t think a transfer recruit is good enough for Butler, Turtles and Friar are going to rise up and yell at you for expressing your opinion on a message board

znelson15 likes this.
  7. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,502
    i’m just imagining how mad theyd be if they WOKE up and saw i did it again. the horror!

Shane Davis likes this.
  8. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $609
    These aren't high schoolers with no college experience to base your smart ass opinions on. Go ahead and say they suck and you don't want them. I don't care.

It's baffling to me how u don't see that publicly and repeatedly saying that one of our own recruits is lazy and not worth a division one scholarship is perhaps not the right thing to do.

I will admit when I am wrong however. It is utterly useless to try to convince some anonymous sociopath on a online forum to display a modicum of decency. I am an idiot for trying to defend a recruit like that. It just brings more attention to an opinion that should just be ignored.

Now if the moderators of this board want to do nothing and let this board become a cesspool like then Hoosier, then they should do nothing and let any dbag mouth off whatever they want for public consumption. It's not my call.

At the end of the day, I can't do anything about losers ****ting on teenaged strangers. That's the real world. Thankfully we still live somewhat in a meritocracy where cretins like dogs2014 and psu don't actually matter and hold no power or influence over anyone. In the end I don't blame them for acting like degenerates. It's the only way they know how to.cope with their pointless existence

HoosierDawg and FriarDawg like this.
  9. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,502
    I’m a dbag, I can admit it-but more often than not, I’m right.I’m not the one here, however, calling people names. Neither am I making personal jabs; that’s you.

I’m talking basketball. You want to disagree? Fine. Hell, you want to insult me? Fine!

But when you run around calling people sociopaths for sharing their opinion on how a recruit plays defense, or call people degenerates or sociopaths, then it’s hard to understand your apparent desire to not see this place turn into a “cesspool.”

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,198
    The only thing I like about this is we're targeting a guard to replace Tate's minutes. That makes me hopeful that Scooby & JaKobe will be ready.

znelson15 and cornette33 like this.
  11. xufan02

xufan02 Active Member

Money:
    $149
    This would be Stevenson's 3rd school in 3 years. I think that is a red flag. Clearly he wanted to leave Witchia State because of Marshall, so he went home to Washington got a ton of minutes, and really was kinda of average. Also, he was average on a team that won 5 games last year. I don't think he would play much at Butler either given you have better young guards then him.

bumba, mwall787, willisbrown and 4 others like this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,578
    Decision coming tomorrow.

13. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $577
    Really not interested in adding this guy to our roster.

If this is our “impact transfer” that the fanbase will be happy with, I’m very underwhelmed. Just don’t see what he adds really.

14. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,578
    I was 100% serious when I said "Don't read too far into this, it is just an opinion and not any sort of hint at anything coming" in my post yesterday. It was not a foreshadowing of Stevenson releasing a final three lol.

15. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,218
    Who even knows how strong Butler’s interest is here? He can say BU’s in his top 3, but obviously Butler can’t comment—maybe it was contact 2.5 weeks ago? Not gonna get knotted up at this point.

16. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,812
    Totally agree ... Shoots 30% from the 3-point line. Assist to turnover ratio is 1.17.

17. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,663
    With Stevenson I think you're getting an experienced guard who is insurance if AT gets hurt. Definitely not an impact transfer, but if Tate can't go next year (which is more than likely) then we are actually pretty slim at guard. Unless one of our freshmen is ready to contribute off the bat then Stevenson could get 10-20 minutes a game.

Trust me, I want more, but quite frankly Butler is in "win now" mode with the seniors coming back next year. I think most have alluded to it, a star transfer isn't going to want to come here with all the depth we already have. If it's all we can get, I don't hate it. He had a 7-game stretch last season in which he averaged 16.6 PPG in conference play in what we found was a vastly underrated Pac-12.

While he was at Wichita, in the 19-20 season, he played much better against high level competition:
    19 against South Carolina
    22 against West Virginia
    29 against Mississippi
    16 against Oklahoma
    13 against Oklahoma State
    16 against UConn

In the 18-19 season, it was about the same:
    18 against Baylor
    12 against UConn
    17 against SMU

His shooting efficiency leaves a lot to be desired, but I'm not sure you can judge a ton of it based on a 5-21 Washington team last year.

I'm on the fence and mostly trying to play the optimistic devil's advocate, but let's all cool our jets.

2xDawg and PSUButlerFan like this.
  18. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,922
    I agree with everything you say, however, right at this moment I believe Taylor and Thomas are better than him right now, just my opinion. We have 3 spots, if he wants to come and be depth um ok

19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,663
    You may be right, but I'm going to have to disagree with you. There aren't many freshmen in the whole country that could come in an offer what a battle tested senior guard could. If AT is hurt or in foul trouble and Harris is in foul trouble or needs a breather, I'd trust Stevenson bringing the ball up the court against a St. John's press much more than I would Taylor or Thomas. We haven't really seen Taylor or Thomas play against the likes of four teams that made the elite 8, if we are going to be a top-25 team next year, then I'd want a surefire rotational guard.

2xDawg likes this.
  20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,218
    Also, because Twitter knows all—Stevenson is following Frank Martin, but no one on our staff—and no one on our staff is following him.

tedfrye, PSUButlerFan, UDDawg and 2 others like this.