2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    I'm just saying it's a given that we need guard depth. What 15-20 point per game impact transfer is going to want to come to Butler for his final season only to be promised a backup guard spot playing behind a 5th year senior and a sophomore who blew up at the end of last year? Just being realistic.

I'd prefer a rotational guard with ball handling skills who can knock down the 3-ball efficiently, but I think we are all being overly optimistic if we think we're going to land a top 10 transfer guard for next season. Stevenson put 30% of his threes in on over 450 attempts in 3 years, I imagine if they were open three point attempts in the 2-3 attempts per game range then he'd be much closer to the 40% range.

Army Dawg!!! and 2xDawg like this.
  2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,230
    FWIW, I am posting my Top 70 currently available transfers/recruits in college hoops later today. Here is where guys Butler has been publicly linked to land on that list:

22. Lundy
    24. Kolek
    30. Monsanto
    42. Fox (not in final eight)
    67. Rice
    NR. Stevenson

Kopp is at #48 if Butler is interested there.

I agree with what a lot of people have said regarding Stevenson, and I also agree with what you have said here. Is he a "slam dunk"? No, but I can't imagine he's being promised a major role and maybe his shot-selection will be reined in a bit in his final year. We'll see what happens, nor do we know just how interested Butler really is. And for whoever brought up the Twitter tea leaves, Stevenson is following South Carolina's head coach, an assistant coach, and their special assistant to the head coach/director of on-campus recruiting. All three are in his four most-recent follows. He is not following any Butler coaches nor are they following him, though I'm not sure I'd read too far into that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    znelson15 likes this.
  3. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $567
    These rating are fantastic and very helpful - thanks for posting!

DawgPoundMac, dippper61 and znelson15 like this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    This is where I stand. I don’t fundamentally have a problem with taking him over taking nobody, but I don’t want-under any circumstances- to compromise the mins of taylor or thomas.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

znelson15 likes this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,312
    It's interesting, after starting aplenty, he'd want to come here and be the fourth fiddle in the guard band. Maybe being awful last year he's been humbled and wants an atmosphere where he sees a chance to win much more than what Washington is? Who knows. After sleeping on it and thinking more about it today...I wouldn't *mind* it. It's definitely not my first choice but, he's prob going to USCe anyway.

6. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,999
    This is exactly where I stand

I want minutes for Taylor and Thomas

I also don’t want another bolden type player which I feel Stevenson is

Average role player that once every five or six games does something that is in the positive

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,049
  8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    No surprise here, unfortunately, but Damari Monsanto has committed to Wake Forest.

znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  9. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    Agree, though we've had transfers on school #3 in the past (Bolden, etc.). That doesn't worry me in the age of "transfer free agency". I'm definitely not saying he's the answer, but we need an upperclassman guard just for depth. Bolden is too streaky in my opinion and sucks on defense. Tate is hurt. It would be a lot to ask Harris & AT to play 30+ minutes a game every night (and that's before COVID or getting hurt).

SnoopDawg likes this.
  10. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    I think Bo can split minutes between the 2 & 3, also, though.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,312
    Also with his athleticism my man can run some at the 4 in smaller/quicker lineups. Transfer or not we'll have many fun rotation possibilities.

1. AT, Harris
    2. Harris, Bo, Bolden, Taylor Thomas
    3. Bo, Scoob, Bolden, Thomas
    4. Nze, Coles, Scoob, Wilmoth and a little Bo maybe
    5. Golden, Nze and soon enough maybe Wilmoth with some more muscle

And Scoob ran point some for his AAU teams and a little in high school. God willing he's back to his old self because if he is...it's as good as getting a top transfer.

TheDawgDub95 and cornette33 like this.
  12. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,142
    I think LJ & co. will & should be very selective when it comes to possible transfers for this coming season because of: a) the depth of the team and b) the apparent chemistry with the returning guys.

SnoopDawg and seadawg like this.
  13. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    I honestly think Bo could run some point at times too. I believe that was his ultimate goal when he transferred to Butler. To develop his passing game and outside shot.

willisbrown likes this.
  14. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,443
    I've seen a lot of comments about freshmen starting, and we don't know how prepared Taylor and Thomas will be as freshmen. Well, we didn't know that about Chuck Harris either. He earned his way into the starting role. I think if you bring in a guy with experience (Stephenson or whoever) you still give your freshmen and chance to contribute. You'll find out pretty quickly what their ceiling is for their freshman year after a couple of BE games. If they are ready and become another Harris, or another Kamar, then I think you role with them. You'll have them for 4 years. All I know is it's going to be interesting (and fun) to watch this team next year. Hopefully we'll get more chances to do it in person, too!

seadawg and SnoopDawg like this.
  15. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Hey! My prediction was on haha! Stevenson has committed to South Carolina.

formz42 and mwall787 like this.
  16. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Active Member

Money:
    $177
    Oh wow, what a shame. ;)

17. ButlerHoopsFan

ButlerHoopsFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $711
    Who else do you have a prediction on? Fill in the blank “I’d be shocked if ______ doesn’t transfer here”

18. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $298
    I’m curious to what you’re referring here...

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,548
    We must all remember the golden rule of following Butler recruitments/transfers: if the prospect releases a “Final X” graphic on Twitter, he’s very, very unlikely to come to Butler.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

bwesson15, Tentozen, Shimmy and 4 others like this.
  20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,169
    Hodges would be one of the last options at the 2. No chance he has the outside shot to be consistent behind the arc.