2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $298
    Heck ya, C Club is iconic even tho they remodeled and renamed. It’ll always be the C Club. Geez, Butler needs to sustain tradition besides Hinkle

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,230
    My full-time job is in healthcare. I got my vaccines a bit ago :p

tyrin101, cornette33 and NCJon like this.
  3. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    PG - AT (30) Harris (10)
    SG - Harris (20) Hodges (10) Bolden (7) Frosh (3)
    SF - Hodges (20) Groce (10) Scooby (10)
    PF - Nze (15) Groce (15) Coles (10)
    C - Golden (25) Nze (15)

Other than injuries, that's how I see the season playing out. Maybe Hodges doesn't make big enough strides to get 30 minutes a game, but I think he will be very improved.

A more rotational lineup would be:

PG - AT (30) Harris (10)
    SG - Harris (20) Hodges (5) Bolden (8) Frosh (7)
    SF - Hodges (15) Groce (10) Scooby (13) Wilmoth (2)
    PF - Nze (15) Groce (10) Coles (13) Wilmoth (2)
    C - Golden (25) Nze (15)

Totals:

AT- 30
    Harris - 30
    Nze - 30
    Golden - 25
    Hodges - 20
    Groce - 20
    Scooby -13
    Coles - 13
    Bolden - 8
    Freshmen - 7
    Wilmoth - 4

That's some serious depth and all assuming Tate isn't good to go next year. The only position we would really be screwed if another injury happens is PG, because you can't expect Harris or AT to go all 40. If AT gets hurt then Harris has to play point, who spells Harris, and who plays 2 if that happens? I would guess Hodges, Scooby, Bolden, and the freshmen can all play 2, but can any of those guys run the point? If I had to choose one more position to add, it would be a PG.

4. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,501
    Nice. Just got my first today

DawgPoundMac and BUcheer like this.
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    The air conditioning made our players soft! (as prophesied by Henry Iba)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,616
    FWIW Thomas started all 4 years as point guard at Brownsburg.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,191
    I was told C-Club was to remain as part of the name—like “Plum Market at the C-Club”. Lobbied for that to happen when I saw the new plans. Agreed you don’t toss away tradition just because a new vendor comes in.

ButlerProf and #60 like this.
  8. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $1,648
    Did not know that. Thank you for the insight. Knowing that, I doubt we land anymore transfers.

znelson15 likes this.
  9. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    Taylor as well did, well everything. He's not a point by definition, but he's more than capable of making plays. And I highly doubt AT averages 30 minutes, if the goal is keeping him healthy that's not it. My guess is he'll be in the 25 range and Nze will be in the 25 range as well. Coles my guess will be at least around 20 minutes and if I had a guess by the end of the year he'll more than likely be pushing closer to 30 than 20. My guess with Groce is he will fill in where needed more than likely at the 3 and some quick spell at the 4. Bo and Groce will primarily be at the 3 until Scooby gets comfortable. It's a good problem to have and the best players should and will rise to the occasion. By end of year your best 5 will probably be AT Harris Groce Coles Nze and my sleeper will be Taylor, although it wouldn't shock me to see Thomas be the one who works his way into the top 5

BoyGeoff likes this.
  10. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    Wait a second, C-Club doesn’t exist? It’s been awhile since I’ve been in Atherton.

11. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,412
    I agree with every word of this.

znelson15 likes this.
  12. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $298
    That’s likely true. I might’ve gotten distracted and hung up on the new Plum Market name. I’ll be sure to verify.

BUcheer likes this.
  13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    The only thing I would predict differently is that Hodges is in our best 5.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,540
    Intel from ex-wife #1 from today confirms that C-Club is no longer a thing. But, you know grain of salt and all that. I can’t vouch for her truthiness or fidelity for that matter.

15. SnoopDawg

Money:
    $1,648
    I think you're underestimating Hodges. He might be the most talented player on our team. His wing defense is better than anyone else we have and he can easily get to the bucket. The only thing stopping him from being on an all big east team is his three point shot, which I think we'll see improved this season.

Shimmy, ButlerProf, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    I'm not forgetting him and he very well could be a superstar. I'm glad he got to play a little and see the difference in physicality the Big East is compared to what he's seen. He went from making over 60% at the rim to missing layups I'm guessing due to still adjusting to the difference. He now knows what to expect. So being healthy and knowing what to expect he definitely is capable of being a top 3 player

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

NCJon, dawgs2014 and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  17. nicklas_early

nicklas_early Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    Anybody know how to find/have a link to the KemPom (if it isn’t KenPom it is very similar) tool where you can see what happens when you add a transfer to a team? I happen to find it every offseason but can’t seem to find it now.

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,548
    BartTorvik.com

Butler is 59 with Groce included and 79 without.

I do think 59 is too bearish because it assumes the versions of AT, Golden, Hodges we got in 2021 will be more predictive of how they’ll be in 2022 than the 2020 versions, and I’m optimistic that’s not the case given the odd circumstances/injuries during this season.

I think Butler will be bubbly at worst and if Val can find a way to fit all these pieces together, a top 30 team.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,313
    Agreed. Unless the devil decides to come dancing again this year we should be at worst middle of the pack big east which means bubble...if not in. I think we'll see some trying moments here and there early as we figure out what is and what isn't with all these bodies. But by year's end we be well on our way to an upper middle big east finish.

We saw, mostly, skeletons of what this team can/could have been this past season. It just never got on track. Blame injuries, covid, lack of depth...whatever. No excuses this coming season unless the floor magically falls away like it did this past season. Too much talent, too much depth. Plus Maui...last time we were in that, season turned out ok.

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,490
    I think part of that was his injury also. His first few games , I was amazed at his athleticism and quick first step getting by people. Didn’t see that down the stretch, right before those two games he sat, and after he came back.

PSUButlerFan likes this.