2021 Transfers

Discussion in 'Butler Recruiting' started by UDDawg, Jan 5, 2021.

1. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,804
  2. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,616
    An athletic lefty who can shoot and finish with either hand:D.

BoyGeoff likes this.
  3. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,885
    Are we going for 20 players?

HinkleMagic20 and UDDawg like this.
  4. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $568

5. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,876
    I assume he left cause he didn't get playing time, I can't imagine we can promise him that. Seems raw maybe can be talked into waiting his turn on a much better team

6. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,230
    FWIW: I like Todd quite a bit and I think he makes sense as a long-term add. With that said, I do not know *when* Butler reached out. Meaning, they could have expressed interest prior to Groce committing and thus backed off since then. They play different positions, I'm aware, but the roster is very full and the staff knows that will be a challenge to juggle. We'll see how this progresses and I'd still be interested but just putting that out there (it's also in the first paragraph of my article). If the Dawgs remain in the hunt and end up landing him, I am sure that Todd will understand the situation and know the plan and/or what he has to do.

estar20dawg and cornette33 like this.
  7. IrishDawghouse

IrishDawghouse Well-Known Member

Money:
    $392
    I followed Todd on Twitter and it’s popped up on my timeline that he’s liked three or four of Lavall’s tweets in the last few days, for whatever that’s worth

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,086
    Including Butler's announcement of Ragland's hire and LaVall's quote-tweet welcoming him to the staff. Maybe Ragland recruited Todd when he was at USU and he made a good impression?

On a side note, looks like Todd's sister T'yana is a great player in her own right. She's class of 2022 and has a final 5 of Georgia, UConn, Mississippi State, Louisville and Syracuse.

estar20dawg and IrishDawghouse like this.
  9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,616
    Our favorite BU beat writer (D. Woods) has a nice story on Groce in today's edition of the Indy Star.

10. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Jordan Hall (St. Joseph's) just entered the portal. Would not be surprised to see Butler on a list of programs interested. Unlike the Jordan Hall already on Butler campus, this one does not have a leaking roof.

11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,179
    Is this a hint? Commitment alert???

12. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,876
    He bares a strong Nze comp with way more range at already at this point in time after one year

13. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,110
    He would, essentially, be a 2022 recruit. Would also need to work on 2 point field goal % assuming 90% of his attempts were not 3 pointers. Also, his stats for home and away were very interesting (he shot better from the field at home but his FTs were awful. He shot poorly from the field on the road but his FT % was really good, assuming those stats are accurate)

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    Hall is a 6-8 guard, there's not much resemblance to Nze's game at all imo. He is a perimeter playmaker with great passing ability. About half of his FGA as a freshman were from three.

His highlights provide a little overview:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    Shimmy, #60, formz42 and 1 other person like this.
  15. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,648
    17, 6, and 6 against Villanova in only his third collegiate game ever, sign me up.

Not to mention if you look at his stats towards the end of the year, this dude is trending up. Had two double-doubles and a triple-double. I think he's got some serious point-forward potential. Had 9 games with 6+ assists.

If I had to compare him with anyone that's put on a Butler uniform it's Kelan Martin. Outside of that, maybe Lonzo Ball?

seadawg likes this.
  16. estar20dawg

Money:
    $5,876
    My Comp to Nze was just meaning, he plays a lot like him, doing all the little things, rebound and take off, will make the nice read. As far as shot selection yes they are distant, distant cousins haha, but seems well grounded for a fresh

Checking through his followers, the ugly Xavier parade is all over him like a used car salesman looking for his favorite cheap cologne...

17. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,921
    Is there a connection already somewhere with Hall? He'd be a hell of piece, and one that looks like he'd command ~25 minutes a game. Sign me up, but I don't see how the numbers make sense. LaVall is gonna have his work cut out maintaining this roster size as is.

18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,230
    The connection is simply that Butler has targeted a bunch of "big guards" with lots of eligibility remaining so far this offseason. Monsanto, Kolek, Todd all fit that bill to varying extents. We'll see if they actually reach out or not, it's just another guy in an archetype this staff likes. I think it would definitely be a luxury long-term addition that would be, as I said with Todd, based on the future far more than this year. If Butler lands any more transfers, there will surely be roster-wide conversations about what the plan is to keep everyone happy with what is going to be a difficult situation to juggle. Right now, I'm assuming no more additions but I'm not ruling it out, either.

NCJon and firedupkaren like this.
  19. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $445
    I hope we reach out, but this kid is going to have his pick of most every program in the country. Averaging 11, 6, and 6 as a freshman in the A-10 is no joke.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,191
    Sell him on the Maui trip:)

mwall787 and seadawg like this.