2022-23 Schedule

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, May 18, 2022.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,217
    And prompted the still goosebump inducing postgame statement from Joel Cornette. JC was a believer and made us all believers too.

tcdtcd, WAJC77, DawgPoundMac and 3 others like this.
  2. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,791
    As I understand it (which is likely not well) next Monday's New Orleans game will be on FS1 at 6:30 - but as a whip-around. How many other games will be airing at that time? will we get half the airtime, or will we be sharing with 3 or 4 other games - and more importantly, will the complete game be airing somewhere else like Fs2? Anybody know this stuff?

jeff likes this.
  3. noltar

noltar Well-Known Member

Money:
    $896
    If i remember right, you might be able to get the full broadcast on the fox sports app via streaming, but not 100% sure.

4. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,022
    Glad to know I’m not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,424
    Think Slick Rick gets chills when he hears the name Darnell Archey?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  6. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    Does he hear the name often?

7. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,936
    I have that DVD as well, but I am afraid to load it under my account and/or link it here if I do, since last time I did that it got struck down not long after I posted it here...

8. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,218
  9. Albick

Money:
    $3,218
    Kenpom's preseason predictions for Butler for each game. Let's hope this is a very cold take.

upload_2022-11-6_20-27-13.png

10. Albick

Money:
    $3,218
    And Kenpom's Big East predictions and comparative rankings for the D1 conferences. Let's revisit this in March.

upload_2022-11-6_20-28-50.png

upload_2022-11-6_20-29-21.png

11. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,502
    It's as if he's modeling the exact same roster, exact same staff and the same health issues.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    Pomeroy is definitely selling Butler short on both offense and defense. If they're anywhere close to #147 in AdjD, it will be a complete letdown.

13. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $974
    This defense is very good. Hunter and Bates are elite. Simas is sneaky good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

14. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,217
    Impressed with Pierce on D last night—very active.

#60, Hinkle, BURph92 and 2 others like this.
  15. Title

Title Well-Known Member

Money:
    $665
    Here is an article from a week ago by Pomeroy himself talking about his preseason ratings. He knows that they have issues, people take these entirely too seriously. The only reason that they even exist is to have an anchor so the ratings don't wildly change for the first couple months. Of course any ranking that is a function of recent past seasons, even if somewhat adjusted to personnel, is going to look poor for Butler. That's just how it is. Its also why Butler looked so good in recent years, preseason, and the team was garbage. Its largely just looking backwards for a post to put in the ground

https://kenpom.com/blog/kenpom-vs-the-world/#more-2554

troggy and BURph92 like this.
  16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,668
    Agree. People take these way to seriously. If you bet on these computer numbers, you’d lose a significant amount of money - and to me, that’s enough reason to not care about them.

17. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    I think that's just it. If we were all taking these rankings seriously, we'd be dejected and expecting another crappy season. We know they're off and maybe way off.

18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,037
    I’m not sure anyone is taking it too seriously. I think we’ve mostly been pretty critical of the pre season Pom ratings for Butler on the assumption that while it’s mostly pretty good at projecting teams, it likely wasn’t going to accurately capture the enormity of the changes from this offseason for Butler.

Tentozen and troggy like this.
  19. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,783
    This is completely off base, if we were ranked 15 in Kenpom right now we’d all be clamoring for us to be ranked in the Top 25.

Kenpom, among other pace-driven analytical rankings are very obviously the best metrics, however they need more data points to become accurate. I think we’re closer to 15 than our current rank fwiw.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BulldogsAllTheWay likes this.
  20. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,239
    If we were ranked 15 in Kenpom right now, we'd be questioning his entire methodology. Or at least I hope we would.

Oh absolutely, his other option would be to do no preseason rankings and just let the results start to trickle in. Even then, there's not a great sense of where teams should be ranked until about the first of December.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022